Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption comp    

Caption comp

spinney
United Kingdom

"Stop kitten around! Take that cage off before  I report you!"

15 Dec 2020     

douglas
United States

"Dang! Even the CHRISTMAS TREE has to go into quarantine?"

15 Dec 2020     

teresasimoes
Portugal

In spite of the dreadful pandemic, there is always a twinkling star on the top of the Christmas tree. Make sure it shines in your heart. 

15 Dec 2020     

jfelipenaranjo
Colombia

Cat-police won�t stop until all trees are caught. They keep teasing kittizens (citizens) all over the world to later play victims and say cats attack them. NO WAY. 

17 Dec 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wonderful captions! I just love love love KITTIZENS! LOL

18 Dec 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Hi all

Well, such catabulous captions!!!

I have combined them all to produce a little story. The winning entry is the last sentence - it sums up nicely about our current global situation during this festive season.

He�s a brilliant but deprived kitizen that does not know how to share, and he is computing all sorts of complicated mathematical equations in his furry little brain to devise a sneaky workaround. He�s wondering how Santa will manage to leave presents under the quarantined Christmas tree this year and he is telling the cat police that it wasn�t his fault, and that everyone should stop kitten around and remove the cage otherwise there will be the fight of the year: Orange Fur V Green Fir.  But, wait, see the shooting star... You said shooting star, didn�t you?  Yes! In spite of the dreadful pandemic, there is always a twinkling star on the top of the Christmas tree. Make sure it shines in your heart.

Congrats to teresasimoes for proving us with this gem of a sentence so apt for our current situation. 

In spite of the dreadful pandemic, there is always a twinkling star on the top of the Christmas tree. Make sure it shines in your heart.

Over to you, Teresa.

Cheers

Jayho

18 Dec 2020     

teresasimoes
Portugal

Thank you very much, Jayho, for having chosen my caption. I´ll post my picture tomorrow.

20 Dec 2020     

< Previous   1    2