Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Had to share    

Had to share

spinney
United Kingdom

Had to share

I had to share this one. I might use it with my students.
SERIOUS LOCK DOWN ADVICE
Everyone, PLEASE be careful because people are going crazy from being locked down at home!
I was just talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking my coffee, and we all agreed that things are getting bad and the situation is not everybody�s cup of tea. 
I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold and distant!
In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing and all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!
The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up! But the fan was VERY optimistic and gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!
The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged and the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!”
We will survive!!
Pass it on - gotta keep the humour!

10 Jan 2021      

RicardoBR
Mexico

Laughing out loud! Thanks for sharing!!

10 Jan 2021     

karagozian
France

This is great dear friend.

I am retired now but am absolutely aware of how difficult times are for our dear students.

And not only, also our colleagues. Aspecial thought for my French colleagues who have to teach English in this morose ambiance on a background of Brexit and Trumpism, and still trying very hard to motivate their students to learn English in a world where more more doors are closing and their future uncertain.

10 Jan 2021     

morenopalomares
Spain

So true, Monique ....

Dale, I feel much better now .... I thought I was the only one who was  living these daily scenes. Besides, I have been shovelling snow all day long (Madrid) and the snow was warning me not to walk on thin ice!!!!

Thank you for making me laugh so much! 

10 Jan 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In the end, I decided on a nice coffee and the percolator assured me that would perk me right up. 
Then even though it was raining, I went into the garden and muddled through...

I�m bored. Either I�ll have to clean the house or make another worksheetConfused

11 Jan 2021     

mfraczek
France

In the end, I will have to do you shopping once this awful lockdown is over...  But in fact, it would please me since it would mean we are free again...
It seems there is no end to it! We all have to stay at home with our kitchen utensils 
I would give everything just to have a drink out or a lovely meal in a restaurant (instead of eating my own homemade soups which I am fed with). 
But, Dale I really enjoyed your message 

11 Jan 2021     

maryse pey�
France

Hey Dale, do you know what my dishwasher would say ?

With the new product all the bad things will be washed out ...

My bed told me he has been supporting me too often for months now. He is needing some rest !

My coffee machine decided to go on strike and now she is a little bit insane leaving odd messages on my answering machine...

Thanks for the laugh. 

11 Jan 2021     

douglas
United States

When my laptop caught wind of the situation it just started spinning conspiracy theories to all that would listen.

12 Jan 2021     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Love from Ireland, where we finally got to be first at something this week (most daily new cases in the world, adjusted for population I assume (hope!) and where we are still allowed to go out for the sole purpose of sitting on a park bench. 

12 Jan 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

Thanks for the added extras folks! I think I need to copy these and do some kind of worksheet. 
Fingers crossed that the vaccination programs get this thing under control and we can get back to some kind of normal.
I�m very sorry to hear about the situation in Ireland, RabbitWho. I thought it was all sorted over there.
Be careful of that snow and ice, Maria! Let�s hope it all thaws out soon.

12 Jan 2021     

karagozian
France

BTW my PC isn�t peaceful at all. He�s sending me nasty homework from morning till evening. Those teachers all went mad and are competing relentlessly for the one who will send the most lessons and work to do. I hate my lousy PC. If only we could go back to the Middle Ages !

12 Jan 2021     

1    2    Next >