Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games for ESL class    

Games for ESL class

shinystar0903
Thailand

Games for ESL class

Kids love games! 

There are a lot of games that teachers can use in the classroom as activities. 

I would like to share some of my favourite ones that my students and I like best. 

This activity can be done by printing flashcards and putting them onto the whiteboard. Ask students to memorise what words are shown, and then close their eyes. Remove one flashcard from the board. Can students tell you what´s missing? Try playing with this set of food vocabulary flashcards.

Guessing games are perfect for teaching ESL students while keeping social distance. With these cards, all the preparation is done for you. Students have to describe the job without using any of the words of the card´s a great vocabulary challenge. 

It´s competition time. This is a quick game that can be used for different ages. Students can shout or write down their answers. Once you´ve finished these cards, ask students to make their own suggestions.

An extra twist on the classic Simon says game. This game helps students practise verbs of movements, parts of the body, and the difference between before and after. You can choose to take out some of the cards so that students don´t touch their faces, depending on the regulations in your area.  

26 Jan 2021      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Excellent!
One of my favourites is Beat the Clock. This is a hot seat activity, where the students can�t answer �Yes� or �No�.  It can be used after reading a story, or about a picture. If they avoid saying yes or no for a set time, maybe 90 seconds, they have beaten the clock. 

27 Jan 2021     

abotius
Albania

Have you ever tried betting? You missed a lot if you have never tried it. Moreover, you should try to bet from your smartphone � it will take no time and will bring you good profit. Try this application https://betting-apps.co.za/playa-bets-app-download/ if you want to try it. The software is available absolutely for free � get it now, it will take you several minutes.

15 Apr 2022