Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Foreign languages.    

Foreign languages.

Фёдор
Russian Federation

Foreign languages.

What foreign languages do you know? So I know English, Russian (it is my mother tongue), French, German and Italian.

17 Apr 2021      

kwsp
United States

Over thirty years ago a friend from Mexico taught me Spanish and I still remember some of it.

I learned a lot of Chinese while living in China for about eight years.

I learned some Georgian while living in the Republic of Georgia for a semester. I found it to be one of the easiest languages to learn. There are 33 letters in their alphabet, and each letter has only one sound. Also, there aren�t lower and uppercase letters to contend with. I was surprised by how much I learned in such a short time.

17 Apr 2021     

yanogator
United States

In school, I had three years of Latin, then two years of Spanish. In college and grad school, I took as many German courses as I could fit into my schedule. Later, I took Russian for three years, but haven�t had any opportunity to practice it since then. I also studied Koine Greek. I can hold a minimal conversation in Spanish, and converse a bit in German, but without opportunities to practice a language, it goes stale pretty quickly.

Bruce 

17 Apr 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wow! Well done Bruce and kwsp. That�s pretty good, especially for Americans. I can get by in French and Italian. I studied Spanish and Urdu, but I am very rusty, I guess it would come back if I could practise. I studied Latin till I was eighteen and I like to read Caesar�s Gallic Wars in the bath, in Latin, of course. And that�s not bad, for a Brit. 
Lynne 

18 Apr 2021     

sazamama
France

Hello there. I feel quite humble next to these replies. Wow Cunliffe that is exceptionally impressive for a Brit as you say, we Brits don�t exactly have a great rep at languages! Other than (British) English I am totally fluent in French. Practice is of course key and having French children, married partner, local friends, living in France etc, nothing could be better. Otherwise I speak reasonable Spanish, a little Italian, with notions of Chinese mostly from travels and a keen interest in communicating! I was obliged to do Latin too at school but recall only the basics!

18 Apr 2021     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I�m fluent in German, French ,Portuguese and English. I can have a  conversation in Spanish (not perfect, but understandable) and I can have a very poor conversation in Italian. ( A studied Latin , but I have no clue any more.). I love languages. I think learning them is my only gift.

18 Apr 2021     

Фёдор
Russian Federation

s.lefevre, hallo!
I am also crazy about foreign languages, it is my passion. 

18 Apr 2021     

karagozian
France

I am fluent in French, English and Dutch. Forgot my school German but do understand it. Started learning Spanish some years ago but am far from fluent. And I forgot Armenian of course with its 38 letters. I can speak the very basic kitchen language as I call it. I love that language. It�s more challenging to learn a completely different language than just English or Spanish. I do not think I�m gifted. It�s passion or motivation. I can�t stand not to understand. I can�t imagine living somewhere without learning the language.

18 Apr 2021     

nubiled
Albania

Hello. I`m a native spanish speaker

28 Apr 2021     

MarionG
Netherlands

Fluent in English, Hebrew, and Dutch. Manage nicely in German (especially half an hour into a conversation), Studied French in school, I can understand a fair amount but don�t dare to speak. Took several courses in Arabic� but again, to embarrassed to speak. 

Karagozian , what a surprise to hear you are fluent in Dutch!

28 Apr 2021     

karinachi
Brazil

I�m in love for the song : Love your Voive half English, half Indian...I think i need to learn Indian urgent! lol

6 May 2021