Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD starting July 6th    

WOD starting July 6th

redcamarocruiser
United States

WOD starting July 6th

Thank you jfaraujo, for choosing my daffynition for the WOD .

The new word is lipogram. The WOD contest is open to all.

What daffynitions (not the true definition, but a made up funny or clever daffynition) can you come up with? 

6 Jul 2021      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wow, what a technical term to choose! A lipogram is a unit of fat that we use to measure the amount of fat that has been removed during a liposculpture procedure, not liposuction by the way - this is measured in lipokilos.

7 Jul 2021     

douglas
United States

Lipogram-- when you send someone a selfie over, for example, instagram and the picture is mostly just a close-up of your "surgically" over- filled lips.

18 Worst Duck Face Selfies Since Cell Phones Were Invented - Gallery

7 Jul 2021     

karagozian
France

I am lipless !

7 Jul 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

To "give somebody some lip" means to insult them in British English. If you send a LIPOGRAM, it is an insulting telegram, delivered by hand to the insultee. 

7 Jul 2021     

douglas
United States

@Dale (Spinney) we use "giving lip" in American English too.

8 Jul 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes - we give lip and we also show cheek. 

Edit: knowing spinney, there�ll be a worksheet on its way soon!Wink

8 Jul 2021     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

GOODNESS THE MISTAKES!!! TRULY SHOCKED FACE! 
 I�M POSTING MY DAFFYNATION  AGAIN HOPEFULLY WITH FEWER MISTAKES THIS TIME. 

A LIPOGRAM IS THE TERM USED TO REFER TO THE WEIGHT ONE LOSES PRIPOR TO CELEBRATORY HOLIDAYS SO THAT ONE MIGHT BINGE WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY AND ACTUALLY STILL REMAIN ABLE TO FIT IN ONE�S FAVORITE CLOTHES. 
SO, IF ONE HAS LOST ENOUGH WEIGHT AND CONCEQUENTLY GAINED AN ADEQUATE NUMBER O LIPOGRAMS, ONE HAS IN THE TRUE SENSE OF THE WORD, PREPARED ONESELF FOR RIGHTEOUS, INCULPABLE AND SHAMLESS GLUTTONY. 

14 Jul 2021     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Winner of the WOD, lipogram, is Douglas. Lipogram is an interesting idea: a book written by entirely excluding one letter of the alphabet. All of the submissions were enjoyable, but I laughed the most at Douglas� entry. Thank you to all who participated. Now it�s your turn, Douglas.

18 Jul 2021