Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WARNING : a site selling our worksheets.    

WARNING : a site selling our worksheets.

maryse pey�
France

WARNING : a site selling our worksheets.

Hi everyone,

I guess you are more or less on holidays ?

I have discovered a site which is selling, WITHOUT MY PERSMISSION, one of my worksheets.

Here is the link :

Do you know it ?

I have advised Victor yet. Just check if one of your sheets is not there.

How can I do to make them cancel my work, please ? Can someone geeker than me - it is not difficult ! - help me, please ?

Thanks in advance.

Hugs and take care of you.

Maryse. 

13 Jul 2021      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, this is a very strange site. They sell also clothing. I don�t think that Victor can do anything about it. You should contact them and claim your rights. I tried to find out in what country they are and what company it is, but I couldn�t. 

13 Jul 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Dear Maryse, your worksheet is marvellous,Thumbs Up but if they can get that price for it, they must be magicians! LOL

On a more serious note, that is a weird site, indeed and there is one called scribd where you can find lots of our worksheets. The internet is becoming a lawless place. What can be done? I don�t know, but I do sympathise. Heart

Lynne  

13 Jul 2021     

kohai
Latvia

Hi, Maryse. I agree with Silvia - everything looks strange on that website. It doesn�t even have the company name! And the e-mail address is [email protected]. I wouldn�t trust it a bit. Possibly, it�s a new site and isn�t finished yet. It doesn�t seem that they are going to sell worksheets. Who on earth would buy a single worksheet that costs as much as a book? (Even if it�s Maryse Peye�s. Sorry, of course, I know that yours are excellent!) I think that the page you came across is just a draft. I assume that a webmaster has made it as a prototype of the original website by using the first images that appeared on Google Search on the topic Short Role Plays For Students (just to check how everything works) and haven�t deleted the draft yet. 

It has nothing to do with Victor. You should send a DMCA Takedown Notice for copyright infringement. I haven�t ever done it (I am not as famous as you and some other members!) but I think you have to fill in this form: https://www.dmca.com/signup/createtakedown.aspx?ref=IMsol08a2 Just select �Free quote�.

@Lynne Why dont you use your rights to report copyright infringements and abuse on Scribd? Here: https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210129146-REPORT-COPYRIGHT-INFRINGEMENTS-AND-ABUSE-HERE

13 Jul 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Ruta, I knew we could rely on you to shed some light on this! I have just logged in to add that not so long ago, an illustrious member here (oh, it was kohai herself!) had sent me links to at least three sites where my worksheets were available, under three different names! 

I must be honest and say that it doesn�t bother me much. Like Maryse, it would bother me if people were trying to charge, though! Yes I will have another look at Scribd, as I remember it, they are the worst offenders.

While I am here, what has happened to the CAPTION COMPETITION???

Lynne  

13 Jul 2021     

maryse pey�
France

Yes, you are all right ! It is a strange site...

Well, your advice is useful but as I told you i am not a geek.

Well, I do not know exactly what to think about such a site. I know that my worksheets do not worth as much money, of course ! And a lot of worksheets here are actually worth compliments and downloadings.

Unfortunately I cannot stand people who dare steal others� work ! As a lot of members here think "a good work deserves to be respected."
Someone else told me that only good work is copied. Yes, I agree. But sharing for free and accepting this is one thing. Not to be asked for another use than the initial one is NO respect, in my mind !

Thanks all for your interest and adivice. Thanks and thanks ! I will try to understand further.

Hugs to all.

Maryse. 

13 Jul 2021     

karagozian
France

Oh Maryse you are a STAR !

13 Jul 2021     

niksailor
Russian Federation

Hi all,

Judging by the whole look and layout of the site in question, I�m 99% confident that it has been made by a fraudster whose aim is to get ingenuous users� money. Don�t be taken in by the offers - you really think you�ll be given any content on offer after making a transaction? Nonsense...
Just take a look at the fake feedback or something below. The responses have been artificially generated and this can easily be done, btw. Such sites are not a rarity on the net and are normally created in African countries by their residents from poor communities. 
I�m absolutely sure that the payment method presented on the site is insecure, meaning that your personal data may be known to some third party.
So, don�t worry much about the violation of copyright - the likelihood that somebody will buy your worksheet comes to zero. What�s more, the site won�t exist long and is likely to ruin soon.
Good night and sleep tight (it�s bedtime here in Russia 

13 Jul 2021     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Thanks Maryse for the warning! 

I remember a few months ago there was a post similar to yours. As far as I recall Victor had to report the situation. 

ascincoquinas. 

13 Jul 2021     

Aisha77
Spain

Those dollars seem to be Ethereum, by the price that high they have it must be a virtual way of paying, not normal dollars...
And it seems to be from Russia as the www is from there unless they have any way to divert the site... 
Maryse, it�s scary seeing ur ws been sold that way... I don�t have a clue what it can be done, but I asked Victor something a month ago and never answered me, maybe you are luckier... 

PD: I agree 100% with Ruta, now having a second look, it seems to be a future clothing e-shop, and most probably the owner will delete everything once... However he never should have uploaded those ws...

13 Jul 2021     

maryse pey�
France

Strange... you said strange ? It is, indeed.

Thanks for all your messages.

And I hope that Victor is ok ! 

14 Jul 2021     

1    2    Next >