Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > come for me - i was come for    

come for me - i was come for

class centre
Belarus

come for me - i was come for

Hello, dear teachers! Is it correct to say " I was come for"? made passive from "come for me". It doesn�t sound to me at all. Give me a hand please.

21 Sep 2021      

sazamama
France

Hello, depending on what you are trying to say and in which tense, I would suggest that this should either be: I came for../ have come for/ had come for, or he/she came for me/ have/ had come for me, as in to collect me to go somewhere.. Otherwise no, I was come for, doesn�t work.

21 Sep 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, it�s not a phrase I can say I�ve heard very often if at all, but I have heard: I was collected/I was picked up/I was approached/ I was sent for and all sorts of other passives. I think we just use come in the active. It is possible. I would understand it if someone said it but it would sound slang, not really correct English. 

21 Sep 2021     

class centre
Belarus

thanks a lot dear friends. That is just what I have been feeling. Now I�m sure it is not correct.

22 Sep 2021