Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pen friend project    

Pen friend project

busysanta
France

Pen friend project

Hello everyone,
I start this new topic because my students and I are looking for a teacher and a class willing to have a pen friend project.
To make it short, this project concerns a 24 students group (mostly girls- there are only 3 boys; they are 14 years old). They are French and have started since September a European Languages and Cultures course. We have talked about the European Union a lot and I thought that it would be very interesting for them to discover a European country through a pen friend project. 
The aim of this project is to have them communicate in English about themselves, Europe and any other topic you could be interested in. It is the best way to make them understand the purpose of learning a foreign language.  It�s almost Christmas and it would be nice to have them exchange some Xmas wishes and cards and discover different Xmas traditions. There are a lot of things we can do so if you are interested in this project can you contact me as soon as possible.
I�m looking forward to have news from you. Have a wonderful  week.

2 Nov 2021      

csbono
Canada

Hello BusySanta,
Feel free to check out these penpal resources and reach out if you are interested in setting up penpals between our classes, my students are second language English speakers ranging between grades 10-12.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pen-Pals-Teacher-Documentation-and-Class-Handouts-French-and-English-4334256
This is a FREE resource on teachers to pay teachers that I created to help teachers organize penpals between classes. Very clean and applicable outline for administration/parents to observe the proposal of the project.
Please provide review and rating to help me promote/improve the quality of my designed products!
Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Cheers!

4 Nov 2021     

busysanta
France

Hi Csbono,
Thank you for your reply. I�ve checked out your teacher documentation handout and it is very interesting. However, I think that a letter a week is too much for my students who are in their last secondary school year. 
It would be lovely to create a project so if you are interested it would be better to talk about it . We could use whatsap and define a time when we are both free.
Just let me know what is easier for you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care!

14 Nov 2021