Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Find IT difficult....    

Find IT difficult....

aldonza
Spain

Find IT difficult....

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the preparatory object IT in the expression "What I still find IT difficult is....". Is it necessary to use it in this instance? or "What I find difficult is..." is correct
 I know it is used in "I find IT difficult to remember names", but can I omit it in the cleft sentence "What I find (IT) difficult is...?.

Thanks in advance

5 Nov 2021      

sazamama
France

Hello, absolutely you don�t use the IT in this phrase, you simply say "what I still find difficult is..."
Have a good day

5 Nov 2021     

aldonza
Spain

Thanks so much, Sazamama!!

5 Nov 2021     

yanogator
United States

Yes, the "it" is incorrect in that sentence, because "what" serves that purpose here.

Bruce 

5 Nov 2021     

aldonza
Spain

Thanks, Bruce!

5 Nov 2021     

WilliamRiley
United Kingdom

Great information here on a Grammar and Linguistics which will surly like by my team of writers as its helpful information for them to provide assignment help on related topic at Elite Assignment - http://www.eliteassignment.co.uk/ which is well-known educational company in UK. Thanks.

23 Feb 2022