Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Writing for beginners    

Writing for beginners

rosanaingles
Spain

Writing for beginners

Writing in English is difficult for my students and I have been trying to help them as much as possible, but most of them cannot even make the structure �subject + object...� I have been looking for any worksheets for beginners unsuccessfully. Does anyone help me with other resources? Thanks in advance.

5 Nov 2021      

s.lefevre
Brazil

I use to give them picture stories. (4-6 pictures). I write 3 sentences for each picture and the students have to write them under the correspondant picture. The they have to write one more sentence for each picture. If you want to check one out they are on islcollective : https://en.islcollective.com/mypage/my-creations?search_key=picture+story&type=printables&option=published&id=5163&grammar=&vocabulary=&materials=&levels=&studentTypes=&skills=&languageExams=&dialect=&functions=&page=1&sorting_type=most_newest&filter_type=filter_all&view_type=list&view_length=12
 Or, I have also used this method for small children : For new vocabulary , let�s say the house. They have to draw the house, the living room, the kitchen, bathroom or whatever they have learnt. Under each picture they have to write one or two sentences. At the beginning, the sentences are very simple, but in a short time they get inspired and write funny stories. 

6 Nov 2021     

rosanaingles
Spain

Thanks, I�ll try the idea of the pictures.

6 Nov 2021     

kwsp
United States

When I was teaching beginners I used education.com worksheets and workbooks A  LOT! And they are free!

6 Nov 2021     

rosanaingles
Spain

Great website! Thanks

7 Nov 2021     

FrauSue
France

Try giving them model sentences and asking them to change just one word.

E.g. "I like eating sandwiches."
"I have a blue car." 

Then move on to asking them to replace two words (e.g. the verb and the direct object), etc. 

8 Nov 2021     

rosanaingles
Spain

We normally follow a model text and I write my own text with them, giving them ideas. Then they try to do theirs but they cannot. In my opinion, the main problem they have is that they think in Spanish (long and conplex sentences) and they don�t know how to express it in English. Thanks everyone for your help.

8 Nov 2021     

Carolinewriter
Albania

It was really beneficial stuff for beginners and freshers who also visit Personal Statement Folks - http://www.personalstatementfolks.co.uk/ for design result-driven personal statement in UK. So they can get admission in their dream collage in. Thus, I would like to forward this stuff to them and hope it may be useful for them.

21 Feb 2022     

MiltonDaniel
United States

Excited enough for its launch. They always launch and share some new and interesting content to share with us. So that we can visit https://taxi-papillon.fr/why-you-should-subscribe-to-econotimes/ to improve our writing skills and to have entertainment in our free time and have fun by making memories. To be revived for a lifetime.

13 Apr 2022     

LiamCurran
Andorra

Fate is my most loved and perhaps the site https://knithacker.com/2021/06/easy-money-for-students-top-7-services-for-selling-handmade-products/ best soundtrack of the year. Presently I am happy in light of the fact that it�s coming to Vinyl this late spring. I�d prefer to thank the group of "Fate" for introducing this brilliant soundtrack. So caps off to them.

23 Apr 2022     

Ava Barnes
United States

Hi, there. I am a Matlab assignment help expert, I can help you with your assignment challenges. For every assignment, I do my Matlab assignment work as if it were my own assignment. Some of the common courses for which students seek help with their assignments online include Electrical Engineering, Numerical Methods, Matlab in Computing, etc. I can solve your all queries regarding Matlab.

17 Aug 2022