Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for a special class     

Ideas for a special class

beefeater
Albania

Ideas for a special class

Hello! A group of experts from Iceland are coming to one of my lessons with students aged 11. (Low English level) We just finished a unit where they had to create dialogues at the restaurant and at the hotel. Can you suggest any ideas of things we could do? Thanks!!!

14 Nov 2021      

jasnicka
Macedonia

hey there,restaurant is an interesting topic.
here is what  I did-
Divided them in groups to write a menu, 
made a ws for a video situation in a restaurant-they have to watch,listen and fill in 
ws with the restaurant vocabulary
ws with restaurant phrases
make them act out their own dialogues as real situation 
 http://teacherjasmina.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_38.html
some ideas from my blog! 

14 Nov 2021     

FrauSue
France

You could do a carousel lesson.
Set up different "stations" - it will depend on how many students you have and how many are in each group. So for example, if you have 15 students, put them in groups of 3 and have 5 stations round the room.
Station 1: writing - put out a restaurant menu and ask the students to write a dialogue based on that menu.
Station 2: vocabulary - a crossword, match-up or other vocab exercise using food and restaurant vocabulary.
Station 3: listening - listen to an audio dialogue or watch a video in a restaurant and answer T/F questions about it.
Station 4: reading - answer Qs based on reading a text or dialogue about a restaurant.
Station 5: speaking - the group comes to you (or a language assistant, if you are lucky enough to have one - or why not one of your visiting experts?) and you are the waiter/waitress and give them a menu to order from.

I like this activity because it lets you hear everyone speak. You need to have an hour for the lesson - use the first 10 minutes to explain the set-up very clearly, and then use a big loud timer to signal the changes each time (8 minutes per activity + 1 minute for each change-over, for example). All the activities (apart from writing and speaking) should be self-correcting, with the answer sheet available for students to correct their own work. I collect in the writings to correct after the lesson. It�s a good bit of mental gymnastics to hop around and keep changing skills! And it means you hear every student speak a little bit.

15 Nov 2021     

frederickgragg
Canada

For the preparation of exam , you can rely on the DumpsMate exam preparation. Nokia NCS_20022101010 practice questions is one of the best preparation plateform , the Tests materials of DumpsMate is outstanding & it will ensure your success in the final Exam easily.

18 Nov 2021     

Enpowewo
United States

What I like to do is special classes in music. It seems like both kids and adults just absorb new vocabulary like sponges where it comes to their favorite songs. And I can give a piece of practical advice here. Prepare the music and lyrics beforehand, looking for it online messes with the paste of a class. Here�s a good place to download earrape https://earrape.mymp3.red/ for example.

20 Nov 2021     

anturov
United States

!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 Mar 2023