Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Vocabulary/ Reading material    

Vocabulary/ Reading material

Seinfeld11
Czech Republic

Vocabulary/ Reading material

Regarding worksheets that I wish to submit for vocabulary exercises, can the material be downloaded from the internet and amended. Does the entire worksheet have to be original.

Regards

11 Mar 2022      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hello Seinfeld11.

Yes, material can be downloaded from the internet and amended or adapted. Then, you should add your own exercises - true or false, gap fill, comprehension questions, whatever. We are asked not to use texts from other ESL websites, or ESL text books as that would not be fair. I have used texts about Space to create a worksheet and adapted articles from newspapers and magazines. That is absolutely fine. 

11 Mar 2022     

Seinfeld11
Czech Republic

Many thanks for the reply.

Regards

12 Mar 2022     

FrauSue
France

Hello Seinfeld,

In addition to Lynne�s reply above, I would also recommend that you include the source at the bottom of your document. It�s good practice and also demonstrates to your students how to avoid plagiarism. 

I just put something like "Text adapted from: www.bbc.com/travel/article454" at the bottom of the worksheet. 

17 Mar 2022