Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORLDWIDE CHALK SHORTAGE    

WORLDWIDE CHALK SHORTAGE

EstherLee76
Peru

WORLDWIDE CHALK SHORTAGE

WORLDWIDE CHALK SHORTAGE

Reported by A. F. Day.

Several news outlets have reported that in classrooms around the world, there is not enough chalk for classes to go forward. Labor disputes and shipping problems have resulted in low shipments of chalk. Now the supply is dwindling down to nothing.

“Who cares?” says teacher Miss Maple. “I never use it anyway. I use a white board.”

But some teachers are worried. “I’ve always preferred using chalk to board markers.” says a teacher in Indiana. “I really don’t know what I’m going to do now.”

Students are excited about the lack of chalk. “That means there’s going to be no class, right?” asks little Susie. “Like a snow day or something.”

Education and parent organizations are scrambling to address the situation. “We’re trying to invent a synthetic type in the school lab.” said one school director. “Let’s hope for the best.”

Meanwhile, for those of you who are still reading this … APRIL FOOL’S DAY!

31 Mar 2022      

karagozian
France

Haha !!! So great to see you dear Esther. I used to teach with an overhead projector. Funny you !!!

1 Apr 2022     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Caught me out with that one!;-) 

1 Apr 2022     

medderraz
Morocco

Hahaha !! I was really misled & made to believe that it�s true ; especially with the horrific news from the war battles & its economic ramifications !!! Everything has known a shortage or a rapid increase in prices ( oil, flour, paper ... ) So why not chalk as well ?! 

1 Apr 2022     

kohai
Latvia

Naughty Esther!!

2 Apr 2022     

douglas
United States

posts like this is when I would love to have a like button (you didn�t trick me "A.F Day")

4 Apr 2022