Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Money order, purchase order, invoice    

Money order, purchase order, invoice

dackala
Serbia

Money order, purchase order, invoice

Hi to all!

Is there a worksheet on this website regarding payment/money order, purchase order and invoice differences? I would like someone to explain what those differences are and how do you call a paper that you usually buy in a post-office and fill in and you pay in a bank or online so the other person (seller) receives that money? Is that called money order or purchase order or is it the same?

26 Apr 2022      

yanogator
United States

Hi, 
I don�t know about possible worksheets, but I can explain these terms.

The paper you describe, in the US, at least, is a money order. 

A purchase order is a document that companies use for ordering things from other companies. Its purpose is to keep ordering and billing organized. If the company is buying the items on credit, then the seller refers to the purchase order number when sending the bill for the merchandise.

An invoice is an itemized bill for items that have been purchased. A copy of it is usually sent with the items, in which case it also acts as a packing slip, which is a paper that lists the items in the shipment, so that the recipient can check the accuracy of the shipment.

I hope this helps.
Bruce 

26 Apr 2022     

dackala
Serbia

Thank you Bruce! Now, it�s totally clear to me.
All the best,
Darija

27 Apr 2022