Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > teaching the abc to English speakers    

teaching the abc to English speakers

MarionG
Netherlands

teaching the abc to English speakers

Hi, I usually start working with students only after they already learned their letters. This year, however, I will get a group of 4 third graders who do not master their ABC yet. They are all English Speakers. Since it is a very small group, I kind of hope to go thru teacher the letters quickly. I thought to simply go thry the letters in the regular order of the alphabet, end have them combine letters into words as soon as they come up (ab ad dad cab bad etc., you get the idea)
If you have any tips or ideas to get these kids up and reading asap, I would greatly appreciate it. 
(I have lots of tracers, that is not necessarily what I�m looking for, but anything beyond, cognates, phonics work, idk, I would love to hear your recommendations. 

9 Aug 2022      

douglas
United States

I had this once with an adult group-- I spent a lot of time playing hang man with them.

9 Aug 2022     

jasmineshaw950
United States

Statistics is a challenging subject, and students often struggle to complete statistics assignments. Most students do not focus on the topic and become distracted by non-essential aspects of the presentation, such as more text and presentation beautification. If you�re having trouble finishing your statistics assignment, I suggest you get statistics assignment help. There are many websites that provide this type of service. I got support from statistics assignment help and had a great time. Their content was also excellent. So you can try it too.

17 Aug 2022     

amelieamira777
United States

I just hope that you�re sincere with your no-plagiarism promise. I�ve worked with a lot of Matlab Homework Help experts who promise the same but deliver the exact opposite � plagiarized contents. But because of matlabhomeworkhelper.com, I want to give you the benefit of doubt and give you a try with a Control Theory assignment. If you send good grades my way, I�ll keep you busy with other orders. I hope to get the best Matlab homework help from you. Thanks.

17 Aug 2022     

douglas
United States

to the last two posters-- please take your spam somewhere else.

18 Aug 2022