Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Learning Spanish    

Learning Spanish

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Learning Spanish

My friend wants to learn Spanish and doesn�t fancy Duolingo. Can anyone recommend an App? She has asked for �a good App site for learning holiday Spanish�. 

Thank,
Lynne 

24 Jan 2024      

spinney
United Kingdom

Duolingo is awful, I have to say. Rosetta Stone is way better, albeit a bit on the pricey side. 

25 Jan 2024     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi Lynne!
There�s this website called 50languages.com, which I think is quite good.
I don�t know if they have an app though. 

25 Jan 2024     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Dale and jfaraujo. I have passed on the info. I did the Rosetta Stone test myself and am thinking about it. 

27 Jan 2024     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi Lynne,
Once in a while, if I have some spare time, I do a language I have no idea about. I think Rosetta Stone is pretty good for beginners. It may not be so good for the advanced level although I do use that level now and again in Spanish for pronunciation and some vocabulary (I really struggle with the Spanish word for forklift truck). 
I did a few units in Mandarin a few years back which had a couple of my Chinese friends delighting in my awful pronunciation. But, after a while, you can change the Latin characters to Chinese letters, and I was amazed to see that I had begun to start recognizing some of them. Obviously, there is no quick way for a European to learn Mandarin while they still live in Europe, but I think this platform is pretty useful if you have the time, patience, and motivation to stick with the language.
Like I said, pricey, but good, on the whole.  

29 Jan 2024     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Wow Dale, Mandarin! I had a couple of lessons of Russian, but couldn�t do it. 

I have looked up forklift truck in French and I will make sure I slot that quite nonchalantly into my next French conversation group chat. �I was just passing by a forklift truck when I said to my husband...� 

30 Jan 2024