Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > An Apple for the Teacher?    

An Apple for the Teacher?

EstherLee76
Peru

An Apple for the Teacher?

We all have fond memories of giving apples to our teachers or later receiving them as professionals. However, that is all about to change. The Widespread Teacher’s Association has declared that the official fruit to be given and received by school teachers is now the papaya. Many are confused by this move and some are downright upset.

“Apples are an important tradition in our school” one elementary student in Kentucky stated. “How am I supposed to fit a papaya in my backpack?”

“I personally don’t like papayas.” said a teacher in Missouri. “They’re a bit messy and you have to cut them. What a headache.”

With Teacher’s Day coming up soon, prices of papayas are expected to rise steadily. Hence some are questioning the wisdom of the change of fruit. Although papayas are cheaper per pound, they become more expensive for parents to buy since they’re much bigger than apples.

“I think this is incredibly unfair to parents.” complained one Minnesota mother. “Papayas are too big and expensive. Who’s idea was this, anyway?”

Well, if you prefer to receive apples rather than papayas as a teacher, you’re in luck! The tradition stays and Happy April Fool’s Day! :)

1 Apr 2024      

vinux
Svalbard

The impact of pH levels on e-liquid flavor and throat hit. pH adjustments can enhance flavor intensity and smoothness, contributing to packwoods disposable a more enjoyable vaping experience. The emerging trend of DIY e-liquid mixing among enthusiasts, emphasizing safety precautions and responsible practices.

1 Apr 2024     

EstherLee76
Peru

Lot of Spammers lately, eh?

1 Apr 2024     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

YOU�RE A VERY CLEVER LADY! :) YOU HAD ME FOOLED LAST YEAR AS WELL!  :)))
WISH YOU A  SWEET AND "FRUITFUL" APRIL!  

2 Apr 2024     

douglas
United States

Love it!

4 Apr 2024     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

This post is bananas!!! Hello Esther, good to see you! xxx

4 Apr 2024