Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help with some rephrasing sentences    

help with some rephrasing sentences

Richito
Spain

help with some rephrasing sentences

Hi everyone, It�s me Pedro with my umpteenth account on this website. I relate to other users who get no reply from admins when encountering a problem. Anyways, I wonder if anyone could help me out wth these word transformation sentences. Thanks in advance. 1) Our attempts to persuade David to continue his studies weren�t successful and he left university early. -MET- Our attempts to persuade David not to give ..... no success and he left university early. 2) I feel certain that there will be a new government after the election. -BOUND- In my opinion, there ... of government after the election. 3) I was hoping not to have to share a tent with anyone else on the camping trip. -TO- I was hoping I would ... myself on the camping trip but I had to share. 4) Steve�s one topic of conversation is the time he spent as a pilot. -EVER- The time he spent as a pilot ... about. 5) I don�t get on very well with many people but I hit it off with Jason straightaway. -TOOK- I don�t get on very well with many people but Jason ... another straightaway. 6) This is your third warning from me this week about being late for work. -NOT- This is the third time this week I .... be late for work.

15 Jul 2024