Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > There are too many members without any uploads!!!    

There are too many members without any uploads!!!

memthefirst
Turkey

There are too many members without any uploads!!!

I think it would be fine to delete the memberships of these people without any uploads.May be for a month or so?
What do you think???

18 Mar 2009      

gabitza
Romania

I also think accounts with 0 points and no Ws should be deleted: after a week! I do have some other accounts I made at the beginning of my site-life - I want them deleted.
Gabitza

18 Mar 2009     

xcharo
Spain

I am for that, too. I �m sure more than 50% of registered members have no contributions and a lot more have 0 points. They don �t share anything and they don �t get any profit from being here. 

18 Mar 2009     

crisholm
Spain

I �m afraid I do not agree. I myself send worksheets every now and then, and some time may pass before I decide something is �sendable � or I have enough time to make something original to share that might be useful to other members, is not taken from some other source and has the appropriate size - some things are just waiting to be reduced or adapted.
Why this obsession to control and ban people from the site? People who have not uploaded anything for a month? We do not live and work for this marvellous site, we just happen to be teachers willing to share some of our work, which is what makes this site so successful to begin with! Besides, there are wonderful contributors who have been absent for months for a variety of reasons - would you really be so mean as to ban them without caring for their personal situation (they might be ill, overworked, having personal problems or a torrid love affair - it �s their business, for heaven �s sake!).
Of course, everyone is free to cancel his/her own account if he/she wishes to. I wonder about the various accounts - I have just one. Am I being na�ve?
Well, folks, keep it up and stop bickering! You are all wonderful and I admire the creativeness and effort everyone puts into this site! Thanks a lot for the wonderful materials(even if sometimes I do not have the time so say so when I download!)Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpHeartHeartHeart

18 Mar 2009     

memthefirst
Turkey

I meant users with 0 "zero" points and those who have never uploaded any wss. You misunderstood dear crisholm

18 Mar 2009     

memthefirst
Turkey

Why not delete the memberships of those who registered this site and once they saw that they couldn �t get the wss without their own contributions and never visited again?? I see nothing wrong?

18 Mar 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, crisholm

Let �s be honest  and ask ourselves a simple quetion. Why did we register to this marvellous  site in the beginning?
I give it to you.
One day when browsing the web in search of some useful resources  and/or new ideas to better our work we came across this site. We got immediately attracted and caught with the valuable WS so we decided to register. However, we noticed that even if we register for free we cannot download any WS if we don �t contribute with our own. Of course as good and honest teachers this didn �t prevent us from going ahead and prepare and upload some of our own work. We did it because we were conviced it fair.
Yes we don �t and aren �t obliged to upload WS everyday.
But when they fair people registered, uplading was the first thing they did.
I think the colleagues here are not talking about those who registered, uploaded some WS then for some reason stopped neither about those who upload something from time to time.
They are talking about those who registered by mistake, those who did it just to check if it was really free and those registered thinking they can take profit of others efforts for free but found it impossible because they are unable to share anything (maybe because they are not really teachers).
In short those who registered weeks and months ago and never uploaded a single WS.
Just click on search button in the contributor search box (don �t select any nationality and don �t type anything) just click the button then when the list of contributors from all nationalties appears click on
users with more points first link then go directly to the last page and start browsing the pages from there (countdown) and count the number of register people with 0 points and sice when.
You will realize it is really a problem for the site.

I don �t think anyone is trying to ban anyone. We just want to be aware of the limits of this site and try not to overload it uselessly.

Regards!

18 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I, for instance, was a member with zero points for more than a month before i decided to upload something. Also, i just enjoyed the company of other fellow teachers and the forum, and i didn �t feel the need to upload anything at first. So i don �t think that �s the solution to the problem... If it IS a problem at all. I don �t think that people with zero points take up much space. The only thing is that the number of active users does not match the number of registered users at the top of the home page, giving us a distorted picture of how many �real � members there are really.  

18 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

This site is much more than worksheets.  You can learn a lot from the forum and now we also have a bookmarks section. It does not bother me that some members don �t have any points. They can �t download worksheets for free and it does not mean they don �t contribute in other ways.
If an account is inactive, then it could be deleted after a certain amount of weeks but otherwise, it �s not really a bother for me.

19 Mar 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Oh dear oh dear! I have to confess that I am one of the members who has no points yet. �Because of my stress-related �illness (domestic) I have been out of my classroom for many months now. I discovered this wonderful site through a colleague and I find it so interesting and it is really helping me to keep in touch. �I will hopefully be able to contribute something of interest in the not too distant future.. Please oh please do not ban me from here! �I would miss it awfully. �I am tiny and I promise that I will not take up too much space here.�Heart�You are all wonderful!!!Hug

Ooops!! Maybe I have already contradicted myself! My post is taking up a lot of space !! �Just joking .LOL

19 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Here �s a hug for you, Caroline!Hug

19 Mar 2009