Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP, I need somebody...    

HELP, I need somebody...

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Vickiii I read your comments with great interest. �Excellent content and put very clearly. �I think that some of us could learn a lot from it. �I liked what Ivona had to say about her experience in her school yesterday. �Obviously she has got the necessary class-management skills and enjoys the respect of her pupils. �Thank you so much.�

20 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Ivona - that sounds like a very effective training tool - I think I will steal that one!

This is why I can �t help but come back to this forum - moments of learning for me - new techniques and sharing of ideas.

Thanks people - look forward to reading more thoughts on the topic

Vickiii

20 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

If you wish, i could send you the outline of the workshop so you can do sth like that with your own colleagues. You have no idea what effect it had on the teachers. One of them even had tears in her eyes because she obviously remembered sth bad about her school days. Also, for a moment there i thought the teachers were bored with the activities, but when i looked closer, i saw that they were deep in thoughts, trying to bring back memories, reliving them ... It was such an experience for them that they talked about it for a whole week.

20 Mar 2009     

penbwl
Japan

Even though this is actually on parenting there is still a lot than can be learned from Jo Frost. A firm, fair and consistent woman who usually whips children into shape pretty darn quick Big smile

http://www.supernanny.co.uk/

20 Mar 2009     

Makiki
Germany

This is only my third week of teaching ESL to 5th-6th graders (mixed group) after years of teaching teens and adults. I can SO relate to what you �re saying about discipline issues.

I started using a "yellow" card and a "red card", just like in soccer. Two times yellow and then you get "red" which means I either talk to the child �s counselor or will call the parents (haven �t done that yet).

Good luck!!!

Smile

20 Mar 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Ivona as you can see I still have uploaded nothing due to my absence from school as per the reason that I gave you im my PM some time ago. I have been searching through some postings and among others I saw some of those placed by you.
��If I send my email address to you would you be so kind as to email the 3 min test . �Maybe you could forward to me an outline of the workshop that you mentioned too. �I know that I may sound a bit mean by Hugasking you but as I have not uploaded so far..I cannot download Caroline�

20 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Sure Caroline, it will be my pleasure to help you. As well as anyone else who might be interested.
I hope you get better soon and are able to continue to do what you love most ... Smile

20 Mar 2009     

Makiki
Germany

I �m uploading a quick handout/ reminder sheet I just made for my students. Maybe you can use it, too?

20 Mar 2009     

meuge
Argentina

You are absolutely right as regards the teachers we remember most when we were at school... Personally...I have in mind some ..let �s say "tough" teachers... but they are the ones I liked them most .... they were consistent, they made us work... they could managed the classroom and of course they knew , really knew what they were teaching... If I think back in time... (twenty years now that I finished secondary shool... Wow!that is a lot.. God... Confused

I can only remember those who had a firm hand but treated us with respect... I remember those who were consistent with what they said and with what they did...

Ivona... your exercise really worked with me also!!!  Thank you!!

20 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2