Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > moroccan culture    

moroccan culture

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

moroccan culture

I have an Argentinian friend who got her degree as a chef and  travelled to spain to start working there.
After some months she met a moroccan man and they started living together sharing a flat.
Now after 9 months she is pregnant and he told her that he has a wife in morocco.
He doesn`t want to let her coming back to Argentina, but he wants her to live near him,
not with him , anymore, because he doesn`t want to face this situation because of his family and religion.
He�s asked her to abort the baby, but she`s going to keep him, anyway.
we have some questions because we don`t know about their culture and religion, this is just to be informed,
because we suspect that he goes on lying to her.

the questions are: 

is it true that the first wife can ask him the divorce as well as sign in order to accept a second wife?

has he got the obligation of signing as the baby�s father?

what could be the consequences for him religiously speaking?

I know that this is not a site for personal affairs but i felt the necessity of helping my friend.

thanks to all of you.

naby

7 Oct 2008      

Mishuna
Argentina

Hi nabila, I can�t help you but I felt like I should write sth. I can�t imagine how horrible that could be. Please, give your friend a big hug because she must be feeling very lonely. When I read what you have said I feel like I wanted to hug my friends. Cry
It�s very sad and I hope she get well. My advice is that she deliver the baby in Argentina if she can. I remember one of my sister�s friends that had a child in Brazil and her husband didn�t allow her to get back home with her baby.
I hate when man does this kind of things. Children must be with their mother (if they are good). I don�t want to bring up such a difficult issue to this forum but I hope someone could answer to your questions.
Best regards.

7 Oct 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

thanks mishuna!! you are so kind!! I know what you mean.

7 Oct 2008     

mirelli
Brazil

Hi Nabila,

It�s a very delicate situation, I�m very sorry, but I agree with Mishuna, you have to make her come back to Argentina before the baby is born, otherwise, it�s going to be a lot difficult for her to come back after the baby is born.Confused

Hug for you and I wish good luck to your friend.

7 Oct 2008     

sebas555
Chile

well done Nabila! we have to support our friends!!!

8 Oct 2008     

gunner10
United Kingdom

a friend in need is a friend indeed! 

you are a great friend Nabila.

i don`t know about moroccan culture but if you need something please let me know.

from thorney

Gunner 

8 Oct 2008     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

thanks a lot to all of you for your words, fortunately we have found out a lot of information about their culture
and we got answers for our questions,  believe me that it`s amazing.

thanks again !

naby  

8 Oct 2008