Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > SCANNING    

SCANNING

crijus13
Spain

SCANNING

Hello!
I feel really sad when I see loads of scanned ws.

I scan pictures too , of course, because I do no t have the hand and the time to draw pictures, in addition as I say, many things are already invented,so picutres can be used for a specific purpose.

So why people just scan an image from a workbook and think nobody will notice it?
Here are so many persons working really hard, and others just copy and pste from another website.

The freebies should be shared by everyone, and not make profit of them.
Please be fair to us and yourself.
Thank you and have a great weekend.

Cry

28 Mar 2009      

Fernandez
Spain

I agree 100%. Actually I must confess I was tempted to do it as well, but, fortunately I do not need the points so desperately. I am proud of my work, for which I get a fair amount of points. I don �t make wonderful worksheet, I don �t get hundreds of points for one ws, but I am happy with what I do. Regarding others, I am impressed by the quality of many teachers � work and I feel fortunate for being able to download their wonderful ws.
I get disappointed when I see the scanned work. I mean: IT IS OBVOUS it has been scanned, and in a way it is an insult for those of us who spend hours in front of the computer fighting with picture size, format, line spacing, font, and so on and so forth.

I was tempted once but I am lucky you like my work enough so that I don�t need the "easy" points.

28 Mar 2009     

nejar
Peru

Hi there!

I couldn �t agree more with you! I have just seen a couple of worksheets that were  �adapted � for a new presentation!  �Adapting � meaning  changing order of pictures ...!!! 
It is SO OBVIOUS when a page has been scanned, but  what is more surprising is that  they are downloaded. I guess there are people who don �t care or don �t value personal effort. I believe it is a matter of principles.

28 Mar 2009     

crijus13
Spain

Thanks for your comprehension

28 Mar 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

I agree with you 3 but try not to get too uptight about the whole thing. This issue has been discussed here million times and the cheeky ones don �t seem to take any notice.
My conscience is quite clear. If others are cheeky...as we say in Spain "recoger�n lo que siembran...tiempo al tiempo"
Kisses from Murcia.

28 Mar 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Liverpuliana is right - there will always be those who do what they want so don �t let it bother you. Spend your energy on congratulating those who do the right thing.

29 Mar 2009