Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > FED UP WITH STOLEN WORKSHEETS    

FED UP WITH STOLEN WORKSHEETS

agkk
Turkey

FED UP WITH STOLEN WORKSHEETS

I �m sure most of us got fed up with the stolen worksheets. There �s another one which belongs to Vanda.

The original one is this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=86730#thetop

And this is the stolen one:

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=204904#thetop

I don �t want to say any more words to those who send someone else �s worksheets as theirs. Lots of thing have been said to them.

My words are to the downloaders who are more than 80 until now. I don �t believe they haven �t read the comments but downloaded by mistake. I think they wanted to have that wonderful worksheet without spending their voluable points.

Victor, As before I suggested, isn �t it possible to see who downloads the worksheets? We could see who have downloaded our worksheets and the stolen ones of course. This may stop people to give credit to stolen ones.

Have a nice weekend

28 Mar 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

I totally agree with you, you feel worse because although some members see the worksheet is stolen they keep on downloading it... we should be cooperative each other...

28 Mar 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Thanks for letting us know about Vanda �s stolen worksheet.

I agree with you about people who downloads the stolen worksheet. They just don �t want to spend any point and DON �T CARE if it is stolen or not. It �s a shame... but the world will never be perfect... Unhappy

28 Mar 2009     

zailda
Brazil

If people warn that the ws is stolen and provide the original link I download the original because I don �t mind spending points on useful ws. What else can I do with the points gained here besides downloading ws? But sometimes I download them before the warn is posted and I feel bad because I don �t want to encourage people who post other person �s ws pretending they create them. But I �m here only for a couple of weeks and I don �t know all ws so sometimes I prefer to wait several hours to start downloading and I hope all the stolen ws are already detected by that time.

I wonder what for people want to "save" their points. Do they feel proud of themselves having lots of points to show on their profiles? In my opinion points are useless if you never use them to download great ws people posted here in the past. So what? Are we going to send to the trash basket excellent ws only because they are more than "1-day-old"?

It sounds like nonsense, I don �t understand what people expect to do with so many points if they don �t spend them in any case and prefer to give some unfair points to "thieves" instead of to people who have worked a lot to post a valuable work here.

Not only here, but copying other person �s work without him/her permission and pretending it �s yours is a crime in most of the countries. I assume that there are only teachers here and teachers have the responsibility to teach about character, obedience to rules and laws, and other things that a person who steals ws doesn �t seem to know even for himself/herself use, so I guess if they don �t know how to act legally and respecting society rules, they can �t teach it either. Maybe they are working in the wrong profession or maybe they �re pretending they are teachers.

That is even stranger because I have no clue about what a "non-teacher" would be doing here...

29 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

IT would ge great to see a list of who downloads your worksheets. 

Anoniminity has a lot to answer for.  If people think that no one will ever know who they are - they don �t seem to care about their actions.  IF everyone were able to see their name - it would be a different story I believe!

Probably hugely problematic to put in place though.

29 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Unless we had times for when people said something was stolen and times that people downloaded items....

also, from the perpsective of justice as it appliess to the uploader of the stolen item... it really is more important that they are stripped of points &/or membership.

Just my thoughts anyway.

By the way... did you know that the death penalty doesn �t really work as a deterrent?

29 Mar 2009