Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The one works in the train station....    

The one works in the train station....

source
Turkey

The one works in the train station....

Hi dear my friends... First of all thank you for your attention to my latest contribution. I �m preparing the second one on the topic �neighbourhood and job �... There is a man in the picture .He works in the train station.. How can I name his job??? 

30 Mar 2009      

eng789
Israel

I think it is "Station Master".

30 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

ohh thanks a lot :)

30 Mar 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Hey source,

That �s a stationmaster; one word.

Have a great time! Smile

30 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi everyone,

�station master � and �stationmaster � are both standard and acceptable variations of the same term.

From Swan �s �Practical English Usage �:

Many common short compounds are now often written �solid �, with no division between the words (e.g. weekend, wideawake, takeover); other less common or longer compounds are now more likely to be written as completely separate words (e.g. train driver, living room). The situation at present is rather confused, and it is not unusual to find the same expression spelt in three different ways (e.g. bookshop, book-shop, book shop). If one is not sure whether to use a hyphen between words or not, the best thing is to look in a dictionary, or to write the words without a hyphen.

Regards,
AB

31 Mar 2009