Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where Is Victor?    

Where Is Victor?

ESL
United States

Where Is Victor?

This has been on my mind for a while now. Just out of curisoty, where is Victor in answering all the discussions about people copying each other? I do not see anything that lets anyone know that there is a "head of police" presence here. Maybe some of you are doing the job for him, and he is sitting back and relaxing?

I enjoy this site, and enjoy sharing lesson plans and ideas, but the bickering between people- usually the SAME people, is getting a bit unnerving, childish, and turning some off.

Maybe the punishement should be quick and painless-just get rid of those that copy.

Maybe the "policers" should worry about their students, their own lives, the world, etc..

If all there is is nasty talk about other people�s work, than go to another site.

Everyone needs to remember the Golden Rule..do onto others as you would like them to do onto you.

Copying is wrong-stop it.
Belittling people �s work because it is not "up to your standards, not colorful enough, too basic, too hard.." is childish.

Lets see more production, and less bickering between those that have so much time on their hands...

Is there a Victor? If yes, you would be rich if you had a nickle for everytime someone complained on here...make these people pay for your new server!

30 Mar 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

I �ll only quote Victor �s words:

"I am an English Language teacher in Spain. I �ve created this website with the objective of providing a large database of ESL printables, where you can find quickly and easily what you need for your lessons.
I think that we can achieve this goal with the cooperation among teachers. For this reason I �ve created a system where the more you contribute the more you can get."

• You can only send printables created by yourself. You will never send  printables taken from other websites or publications. You will never send printables whose origin you don �t know (worksheets borrowed from other teachers, for example). If we find stolen printables we will delete the account of the user who sent them.
  • The administrator has the discretion to remove any worksheet or contribution, if it is considered necessary.
  • Premium users  can help us to keep a fair website reporting all those stolen printables. It will benefit all of us.
  • http://www.eslprintables.com/register/register1.htm

... and to complete the registration process you have to click here:

I accept the conditions and rules

Of course, If you don �t accept, you don �t click and you can continue your life as it was before, that is, not being a member of ESLprintables!!!!

30 Mar 2009     

ESL
    United States

Is reporting the stolen worksheets also removing the culprit? (I am just asking because I don �t know, not to be facetious...)

30 Mar 2009     

mr.sneeze
    Bermuda

Yes. I too myself wonder about Victor.

I think to myself how could he ever keep up with everything that goes on here.
    And I think to myself that if he truly did, he would become nuts and his family or anybody from his social environment would just disown him due how much time he would have to dedicate to every question and problem that come up constantly.
    How fortunate this ESL community is if (and from what I understand) there are others who are willing to hep with the site �s management

I truly believe that he has started a site for ESL without any commercial interests and that is TRULY recommendable.

I don �t think anybody could have really foreseen what eslprintables would become.
    It �s amazing that with the success that it is having it is still a true TEACHER COMMUNITY!

30 Mar 2009     

eng789
    Israel

Victor is also a teacher and he has his own contributions in the site.

If you read this below the comment area for downloading,

Report this worksheet if you think it should be removed!

It is a copy. I �ve seen the original here:

It is not an ESL resource.

The file is empty or corrupted.

and actually reported something you would see the response -which is that Victor will check it out.

I am sure that Victor has his hands full and that we should all be a bit more respectful towards him.  After all this is his dream and his site - and we are lucky to have a chance to use it.

30 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
    Portugal

Yes, we are lucky and we should respect Victor. But I agree with Miss ESL of Illinois when she says that constant bickering between people is very annoying and childish.

And here �s a question: if all of you "deputies" know exactly what to do when you find a stolen ws, why don �t you use those means and report it and leave the rest of us be?

30 Mar 2009     

eng789
    Israel

Dear dragonfly2
        When or if one of your wss gets stolen - you may end up singing a different tune.

And no the "deputies" as you call them won �t do the dirty work for you. 

30 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
    Portugal

I am not asking you to do my dirty work because if and when I see a stolen ws, I will report it as it is my duty.

I am merely asking you all to stop the accusations in the forum. Don �t you think that keeping the forum clean of  this kind of discussion is ALSO respecting Victor? And all the members that have never stolen anything and that abide by the rules of the site?

And check the meaning of deputy, it is not an offensive word, I was only trying to find a word that would best decribe those who report stolen ws. You are always quoting the site �s rules:

• The administrator has the discretion to remove any worksheet or contribution, if it is considered necessary.
  • Premium users  can help us to keep a fair website reporting all those stolen printables. It will benefit all of us.
  • What are we all but Victor �s deputies?

30 Mar 2009     

victor
    Spain

Where am I?

Just two minutes before I was reviewing reported worksheets. Nobody is doing the job while I sit down and relax. Many of you are helping me with your reports, but I have to review them afterwards.
    I don �t participate much in the forum because I �m quite busy, and I �ve said before that there is no need to discuss about the copied worksheets. Most of them are caught before they get the points.

30 Mar 2009     

atsitab
    Portugal

Victor,

Let me say that I really admire your work!  You must be a very altruist person because you do this just because you like helping others.
    I also admire you not getting involved in the forum because sometimes people are very hard to each other. This must make you sad.
    Everytime I see a stolen worksheet or a worksheet that is empty or corrupted, I report it.  I never do it on the forum because I know that sooner or later you will see the reported worksheets and remove them.

Congratulations for your wonderful work!

Thank you!

31 Mar 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
    Portugal

Hello, Victor,Hug

Just called to say

Hello

Thank you

Have a nice day ( or night, better, Spanish time)

And

As we say, here in Portugal,

"Vozes de burro n�o chegam ao c�u"

something like this

What is not important, we don �t listen.

Thank you for being such a hardworking friend

31 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >