Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A change is as good as a rest    

A change is as good as a rest

Logos
Malaysia

A change is as good as a rest

my dearest Frenchfrog,

You have changed your avatar once again!!  Is each picture a reflection of your personality which develops over a period of time!!!!  Does the baby bottle have any Freudian significance???  (Please do not take this as a criticism or negative comment - just felt like writing).

9 Oct 2008      

frenchfrog
France

Big smileLOL
How sweet! How could it be a criticism or a negative comment?!!!
I like these frogs! Maybe they are a reflection of my personality!! I have many pictures of frogs and like changing them once and a while. Actually, I am going to change this baby frog right now!
I don�t usually pay attention to the possibility of a second meaning (or hidden message) in my frog pictures, let alone a Freudian interpretation... Maybe I should!! 
I am glad you are keeping me company: I am sick and did not go to work this morning... I just couldn�t! I am caughing, sneezing, I am aching all over (I have to hold my chest while coughing because it is painful), I have a temperature ... It seems to be a milder version of the flu. Fortunately, I have an appointment with my GP later this morning.
By the way, I know you like powerpoints. Have you seen the powerpoints I made on Halloween? I really had fun making them!

Frenchfrog

9 Oct 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

There is a saying in English - don�t know if you know it, but it says "I�m as sick as a dog."  Maybe we should change it to be "I�m as sick as a frog."

Don�t really do anything on halloween so I did not look at your presentations, but just downloaded the first one and it really is a continuation of your �flamboyant style�.  I also like your use of triggers that makes it that bit more interactive. 

One small tip though is to change the slide transition command on �Advance slide� and uncheck the option �on mouse click�.  In this way, when folks accidentally click on a part of the slide that does not have a trigger then the presentation will not move to the next slide, or in the case of a one slide presentation it will end.  If folks want to exit the presentation they can either press esc or enter - or you could put an exit button there.

Hope you get better soon and keep those creative juices flowing.  It�s late evening here, so enjoy the rest of your stay at home!!!!

Michael

9 Oct 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi guys,
I love watching the changing frog too.  I thought it was a reflection of how you were feeling at the time - I saw you had changed it one day to a rather downhearted frog when someone was upsetting you.  Another day it was jumping for joy and your posts seemed to have a very happy tone to them.  Maybe I read to much into it - but I love watching out for how our frenchfrog is feeling!
AsI can see from your picture (and post) today you are feeling �under the weather�.  so sorry to hear this frenchie.  Take care, maybe lay off the snails for awhile... I hope you have someone nearby to make you a lemon and honey drink maybe with a side dish of chicken soup (although frog leg soup might put a real spring into you!)

Wink

hugs and lemon honey drinks from Vickiii

9 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Thanks for the tip, Michael! Powerpoints are quite new to me in fact! I am glad I have found some interesting options to use but I know there are so many more I am not aware of!! Actually, it would be great if you could make a tutorial to help us make our powerpoints more interactive!

Vickiii, you are so right, I have someone nearby... He made me a nice cup of herbal tea last night with some honey, cinnamon, a few cloves, and a dash of mandarin/tangerine liqueur!!! It was so good! I slept like a baby but woke up like a very old lady!! I was really aching all over (still am, in fact, but not as bad as this morning!).

Sometimes the pictures reflect my mood, sometimes they just don�t. Overall, I find these pictures rather funny.

Frenchfrog

P.S. I have eaten frogs� legs twice in my life ... so far... don�t really remember the taste ... not very far from chicken ...

9 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Get well soon - Gute Besserung - from Germany to you frenchfrog. Hopefully you can show as a happy, smiling and healthy frog soon again. :-)

9 Oct 2008