Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Easter Club    

Easter Club

carmen_obd
Romania

Easter Club

Hello everybody,

Can you give me some ideas for an Easter Club that mainly encourages  speaking, action, craft, etc., something a little bit different from an usual English lessson.

Have a great day!

1 Apr 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hmm - thinking cap is on!  An idea of the age and ability would be useful.

You could get the students to investigate easter traditions from different countries.
You could tie it in with friendship or holidays - as we have a 2 week holiday for school children here in NZ it is always a good time to write about what we are going to do in the holidays.

more information and I am sure I can come up with some good talking games for you.

1 Apr 2009     

littlesara
Spain

Hi ,

have you got plenty of space? If so you could do a easter egg hunt. I did one yesterday with a private class who come to my house.First the kids received a letter ( from the easter bunny �s niece) together with the first clue. The clues were things like:" No. 2 is under a big piece of furniture which is made of wood and has four legs. "   Then under the table they found the next one which led to the washing  machine, then bath and finally down the stairs to the garage and garden- where they finally found some chocolate eggs. I used 10 clues but should have done more.
The kids loved it!! The only problem is that you need to have space, and also that it takes quite a while to prepare, but is then over very quickly!

Hope this helps.

1 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Wonderful idea Sara - I agree - they move quickly when there is chocolate at the end - I have learnt to make many many clues if I am doing a treasure hunt for a party - where the idea is to keep them busy for half an hour!  Make sure you send them in a circuit - as you don �t want them walking past other clues - they might see them and skip ahead!!!

�The other treasure hunt type game is to do this with photos.  Put up some easter pictures in hidden places - take a photo of a little piece of the place (really close - like a letter on a sign) - give the kids a page of photos. They have to go around and sign each easter picture.  SEt a time limit then send someone around to collect all of the pictures and see who signed every picture!  The kids love this activity - it is heaps of fun!

1 Apr 2009     

carmen_obd
Romania

Hello Vickiii and Sara,

The children are 5- 7, 8-10, 11-12,in groups, mainly beginners but open, communicative and very friendly, and I do have a lot of space available.

Thank you very much for your help,

Carmen

1 Apr 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

I did an egg and spoon race yesterday (with my kindergarten kids) and it was a scream.. They had to go round the chair, under the table, over the bench... all sorts of obstacles to help them understand instructions. I also printed out fancy easter eggs from sparkles.com laminated them and cut them in half. I gave the kids one half and hid the other halves around the room. The kids had to find the right half and describe the colours.
With my older kids I did an easter egg hunt where they had to describe and write down where the egg is in the classroom using prepositions. Thanks to Frenchfrog for sending me that tip... I will find the link and post it. it was a big hit this morning...

Hugs Yeti xx

1 Apr 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Fountain/2131/eggshunt.html

1 Apr 2009