Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ROTATE textbox in WORD 2002 - HOW?    

ROTATE textbox in WORD 2002 - HOW?

moravc
Czech Republic

ROTATE textbox in WORD 2002 - HOW?

Hello friends,

I am just preparing a new boardgame for you.
I wonder - is it possible to "move" the texbox in Word 2002 so it ROTATES - "leans" to the right or left?
I have no problem in rotating pictures (jpg, giff...) and painted objects (circles, squares... etc) and "wordart" in Word 2002.
I use a green spot rotation handle - green round arrow at the top of the shape and I can rotate it...

BUT THE TEXTBOX DOESN �T HAVE ANY GREEN round arrow - "spot" !!!
And the formatting tag options doesn �t ALLOW to rotate, this option is GREY - disabled
... (0�)

PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

I can only use wordart for rotating text, but the textbox is much better tool...
Any suggestions?? Please shout out !!!

Thanks in advance ! Hug

2 Apr 2009      

lillizen
Brazil

Well, the link you sent opened to "Rotate or flip .... in PowerPoint 2007" and you said you have PowerPoint 2002.

Anyways, can �t you make the textbox into a picture?

My PowerPoint is in Portuguese, so I am not quite sure about the translations of the features - they are often not literal, but I have made a ss of one presentation so you can visualize it. This is the link to it.

2 Apr 2009     

lillizen
Brazil

If you can �t find the way, it goes smt like this:

1- click on the textbox with the right button of the mouse
2- click on the option "Animations" (or smt like that)
3- a new window will open. then, click on the option "adding effects" (or smt like that)
4- click on "animation movements" (or smt like that)
5- chose the movement/route you want

Sorry, my explanation isn �t very good. :S

Good luck!

2 Apr 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

A quick answer to your question is that you cannot rotate text boxes in Word in the same way you can in either PowerPoint or Publisher.  The thing you can do, however, is change the direction of the text.  So you make your textbox as normal, put in the words you want and then choose Format / Text Direction and this will give you three choices.  To have the text as normal, oron the left or right.  You cannot make the text upside down and you can only choose 90 degree text - not any other angle.

If you really want to have a more versatile box that you can spin to any angle or make any size then you will have to make it in PowerPoint or Publisher.  Take a screen shot of the box, reduce it and make it the size you want in Paint and then copy and paste it into your Word Document as a graphic.

If someone else knows different I would also like to know how, as I have often wanted to �rotate � text before.

2 Apr 2009