Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > File size limitations    

File size limitations

pikous
Austria

File size limitations

dear victor!

i �ve been a member of your site for only two weeks now and i find your page extremely useful for my purposes.
i �m also uploading 3 worksheets every day.

now here �s my question:

for me it really is a pity that there are these filesize and upload limitations:
if there are people who want to upload more than 3 pages a day, why won �t you let them? i �ve got loads of worksheets which i want to share with the community, but they are bigger than 300K and i �ve tried hard to reduce the size, but sometimes it �s simply not possibe. it would take me so much time to do the resizing that it would be a waste of time for me.
in times of broadband internet it wouldn �t be much of a problem if the filesize was a megabyte, would it?

looking forward to hearing from you.
thanks anyway.

pikous

2 Apr 2009      

Zora
Canada

Hi...

We had a no limit of uploads before and people were abusing it... separating work that shouldn �t have been separated, putting the keys on separate sheets, 20 pages of one single flashcard instead of making a set with them...

It was getting to the point that there was way too much stuff to look at and a lot of very decent work was getting overlooked because of this. Now things are better... nobody NEEDS to upload 8 pages a day...

Regards,

Linda

2 Apr 2009     

hekateros
Portugal

Hello pikous,

I agree with you when it comes to file-size limitations.
I have some powerpoints I would love to share but reducing them to 500kb is just impossible... Disapprove I �ve tried doing it but, besides being time-consuming, the result is not good.

Greetings.

2 Apr 2009     

hualol
Chile

I totally agree with you Pikous! I have some worksheets full of images and it �s impossible to reduce them to 300 kb...
Of course, I think that having no limit of uploads would cause a mess, but maybe 1MB would be nice :)

2 Apr 2009     

MicheliN
Colombia

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU..I �M A NEW MEMBER AND I WANT TO SHARE MY MATERIAL BUT IT �S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIZE IT..WHAT CAN I DO?

1 May 2009