Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ....    

Ivona
Serbia

It sounds to me that the members here tend to make worksheets not primarily for the students, but for the site, to prove themselves to themselves and the others, and then interpret the lack of points as their failure which then makes them feel the way edurne felt today. And when they mention all the hours they spent making a worksheet, it sounds as if they want to be seen as martyrs or sth ... Just my thoughts over it. Not intending to hurt anyone �s feelings, just to say how eye see it ... from my perspective ...
Stop fretting about it. It�s bad for the liver.
Anyway .. wish everyone well ... Smile

3 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

When I put something up it is to share what I have done with other as Naranjas said... I make up my worksheets because it �s what I enjoy doing and if I get twenty downloads instead of two hundred, so be it. The reward is knowing that somebody thought it was useful.

Besides, we all have different needs... for example I never use powerpoints, I don �t like them. There are others here that do not use the online activities - which I love... so, we must keep in mind that everybody is different, has different needs or uses different methods.

It �s never really about if they value your work or not. In fact, it just might be that not many people need what you put up...so only a few people download it. 

For example, my glyphs are not overly popular... but because I know that there are about 5 teachers here that really love them, I usually make the activities especially for them (and me...) when I feel like having some fun or doing something different than grammar or vocabulary.

In other words, do not take things personally. I am sure your work is valued, just because it may not be overly popular doesn �t mean that the people who do download it, don �t love it!

Regards,

Linda

3 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

You are right, Ivona. We do care how the material is presented here. It �s not that we forgot that our biggest message in life is finding the best way to teach our sts. The rules of the site determined the way we play here. You don �t get points, you �re not able to share others � materials. The rules of the site turned us to act and feel that way.  Well, I can´t deny that I enjoy what I do, but I´m aware enough that if I didn´t present it the right way, it won´t be welcomed.
Maybe I´m wrong, but that´s what I felt at first here in the web. However, now I´m totally different. I believe in what I give more than how much it will be welcomed by others. We change by time.

I �m not objecting you. I �m just trying to explain the motives of  this situation.

Hope I made myself clear.
Hugs to u,
Nebal

3 Apr 2009     

edurne_tudela
Spain

Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate your opinions and I haven �t taken anything personally. I �ve writen the message because I wanted to express how I felt. And believe me, if I would only want to get points easily, I wouldn �t have spent so much time preparing a worksheet. I have prepared it for my students and then I upload here thinking that maybe someone finds it useful for their lesson, which I really appreciate. I hope I �ve made myself understood.
Hugs

3 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2