Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Why???    

Why???

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Why???

I �ve found another stolen worksheet on likes and dislikes! It was uploaded last year by Minka!!!! I �ve downloaded it before!!!!
Is this a never ending story???? I can �t believe ... we �re fighting against stolen worksheets every day!!! Why ? I simply don �t understand!!

I �m sorry for bringing up this subject again but it really  upsets me!!!!

7 Apr 2009      

ssrl10
Spain

I don�t know if it is what happens with these worksheets but sometimes I have found that it is not a case of stolen worksheet but of copied worksheets. By that I mean that sometimes the worksheets are just copies from websites or books and it happens that two people decide to copy it or even just scan it from the same book. Even worksheets which have been downloaded hundreds of times are copies from books. Sometimes it is very easy to know and several times I have reported them to be a fake but they continue to be there, even if you mention the source.

7 Apr 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear Lucia

Have you read Victor �s message?

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=6572

If we all make an effort to help the Sheriff Cow, we might lessen the problem. Unfortunately this is a never ending story but we can just put our little grain of sand in order to continue having worlds best site.

Just remember that it´s very important to report the stolen wss to Victor and to leave a message to the culprit.

Hugs

Tisha

PS Please don �t get discourage.

7 Apr 2009     

sylvievidal2002
France

Is Big Brother watching us?

I understand you guys are very concerned by stolen WS or other fakes. But, do we really need a "police" for this site?. We are teachers, educators, not judges. Are teachers over 1000 more entitled than anybody else to keep this site going?
If you really want to be fair you should give points according to the difficulty and the length of a WS.
How come a colorful WS on "there is / there are " gets the same point as a WS on, let �s say, literature. Thank God we are limited in size, otherwise we �ll have a hundred easter eggs to color ( I love Easter but I �m a bit fed up with these Easter Eggs I can see on the site these last days)

I agree with the teacher who said that the site is just right the way it is at the moment.

I �m sorry if I upset some of you ( maybe all of you) but I keep thinking that educating and trusting people may be a solution to hepl things work out well in this world.

Stolen WS are not much compared to stolen lives, stolen future, stolen childhood .........

7 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Regarding the "Big Brother" comment above:

People will always take advantage if given the chance.  Like we �ve seen, if you give an inch, they take a mile.  If there are no consequences for disrespecting the trustworthy participants of this site, what �s to keep Victor working so hard on our behalf?  Is anyone else going to pick up the slack if he thinks nobody cares but him?  I sure care.  I �m constantly grateful for the quality work I come across with each visit (barring the copycat jerks, of course).

I �d rather associate with a few fairness zealots than a lot of thieves and liars.

If people want to watch out for fairness and quality, I �m fine with it--I ain �t got nuthin � ta hide.
Know what I �m sayin �?

--zoemorosini

7 Apr 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi sylvievidal2002
 You �re completely right, it is a matter of low interest, but... I can �t stand those who take advantage of other people �s effort!!!! It �s not right!! And, as I beleive I still know the difference from right and wrong, I have to do something to fight little things like fakes and liars of this site. And the one thing I should do, besides reporting to Victor, is to "uncover his/her face" to the community.

It �s not right to know something is wrong and "Oh Well, there are bigger things to worry about"... and forget it! If we forget it this site becomes ... you know what!! So, let �s fight ... and make it better!! We need a clean environment!

7 Apr 2009