Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Cool Suggestions for Clothes Didactic Unit?    

Cool Suggestions for Clothes Didactic Unit?

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Cool Suggestions for Clothes Didactic Unit?

Helloo! Im elaborating the clothes unit and I �ve got some ideas but I would like to knnow of some new suggestions, nice games, warming-up activities, or a motivating way to begin with this unit. Im open to all ur ideas!
Thank u sooo much!

8 Apr 2009      

zoretta
Italy

Hi Seema!
Well you could take a look to my worksheet on clothes..
I used it at the end of the unit to revise clothes vocab!
I think it �s nice because you have a picture vocabulary...
then I made my students reflect on fashion and on how fashion influences us!
There is a reading comprehension on my page, too!

Good Luck

Claudia

8 Apr 2009     

sandrarenatad
Brazil

Hi Seema!

What I usually do when I teach clothes and accessories is take a suitcase full of clothes to school, tell my students I �m going away for the weekend and that I need help to pack. Then I divide the board in two: take and leave. As I show them the pieces of clothing I ask them if they think I should take that thing or leave it and I write it in the correct column on the board. It �s been an effective way of introducing the topic and you can take some weird pieces of clothing to make it funny.

Good luck!

8 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You may pick up some ideas here.

8 Apr 2009     

zoretta
Italy

Sandra �s idea is GREAT!!!!

8 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

I love to bring stuff to class and actually put it on in front of them, but only if they can remember the name.  If they can �t, I won �t, so there �s a lot of motivation on their part to make me look as ridiculous as possible!  I �ll often bring in one of each thing, like a boot, sandal, etc. or several ugly ties, scarves, etc. and wear it all at the same time.  It makes for a funny class.  Then you can ask for a volunteer to perform.

Enjoy!

Your American friend  

8 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Thank u all! I love ur ideas! When I need ur help I �ll know who to ask :P

8 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Hap Palmer has great songs for teaching vocabulary.  Try this one for clothing.

8 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Thank you Anna!

8 Apr 2009