Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I should have reported it!!    

I should have reported it!!

douglas
United States

I agree with AB--the reply sounds pretty racist.

9 Apr 2009     

genzianella
Italy

to me "be careful" means just .... " be careful"! I always tell my students when preparing them for exams : "be careful, this is a tricky question", "be careful! don �t use this form in an essay ..." but that doesn �t means she wanted to beat you into a pulp. Your comment, though, is very racist. If you were offendend by her words why did you mention her origins?? they have got nothing to do with it! if someone called me "you poor Italian" that would make me hit the roof!! Alien boy is right, that could lead you to court!!

9 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Some pleople make these kind of nasty remarks (i.e. poor argentinian) when they haven �t got anything more intelligent to say.

However, tichorsergio has apologised and I think he �s sorry about what he said. Let �s give him a chance!

Tichorsergio, I believe you �re sorry but please, don �t make these kind of comments again. They are awful. I �ve got friends from Argentina, from Mexico and from many other different countries and I �m sure you know what matters is the PERSON and not where he/she is from.

Have a nice day, dear teachers!!!!!!!

9 Apr 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi think that there �s nothing else to say about this subject. Tichorsergio apologized himself and he know that he made a mistake when he used that kind of language which by the way was very perjorative. he felt threatned which it wasn �t the case... Let �s forget this accident. Have a nice day, evening, night - people.
Hugs from Portugal.

9 Apr 2009     

Pacchy
Argentina

Good morning to you all!! Thanks for your kind words. I am really happy to be part of this community. Let �s keep working!

Tichorsergio,
I accept your apologies. Sometimes meaning changes from writer to reader.

Love,
Pacchy from Argentina

9 Apr 2009     

tichorsergio
Mexico

Everybody �s right! I insist I offer my apologies. I do not consider myself xenophobic, maybe I misunderstood the words "Be careful".

9 Apr 2009     

Pacchy
Argentina

Thanks for your messages but it seems that tichorsergio hasn �t learned our rules here yet..  I want to report him on today �s contributions but  I can �t . Something is wrong when I press send the report. I did not want to leave him a message but i had to because there is no other way to stop him.
This is what I wrote:

It is a copy. Not Again!!          posted by Pacchy
It is from the book "Preliminary English Test 4" by Cambridge University Press.Pages 1 to 24 without any single change .I thought you have learned something . How many books are you planning to use without UCLES permission. All the books you are using are in copyright, which normally means that no reproduction of any part may take place without any written permission of Cambridge University Press. Maybe I am wrong and you have that permission.

I want to see his reaction now.

I think what he is doing is not fair at all.

Pacchy

10 Apr 2009     

bridges
Argentina

I have been following with interest what happened here and it clearly shows a Neuro-Ling�istic Programming presuposition that says:  "THE MEANING OF COMMUNICATION IS THE RESPONSE YOU GET INDEPENDENTLY OF THE INTENTION YOU HAVE WHEN YOU COMMUNICATE"
Even though we are said to be in the Communication Era, this happens every day in our mother tonge and much more in a foreign language as there are cultural issues involved here.
I know Pacchy, and I am sure she just wanted to protect the contents of this wonderful site and follow the rules.  She sent a private message to Sergio and I am also certain she didn �t mean to threaten him at all.  On the other side Sergio may have wanted to share with us his "online version" of a Cambridge test which, as I see it,  he took his time to make, scanning, perhaps, cutting out and saving the pictures, typing and organizing  the answers, but understood Pacchy �s comment as a threat.  This originates a chain response reaction and here applies again another NLP presuposition "EVERY BEHAVIOUR HAS A POSITIVE INTENTION"  Both of them had a positive intention behind what they did and, because of this, both felt really bad at the other �s reply.
 If both of them had acknowledged the other �s positive intention the result of this communication would have been quite different because their responses would have been completely different since their emotions would have been different, too!!!
We are all educators, somehow we are shaping  our student �s lives, we should "be careful"  and learn from this situation, don �t you think?
I do hope the meaning of this communication is what I intend to communicate, no judgement, just reflexion.

Mar�a Herminia

11 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2