Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Reporting: if you vote YES do you HAVE to leave a comment or is the vote enough?    

Reporting: if you vote YES do you HAVE to leave a comment or is the vote enough?

cheezels
New Zealand

Reporting: if you vote YES do you HAVE to leave a comment or is the vote enough?

Hi everyone, long time no see... one more class tonight then no classes till next Wednesday wooooo hooooooooooooooooooo What am I looking forward to at Easter? Time to actually look through some printables and enjoy being in and around the community! I had been really sick (virus) and then for the last week have been playing catch up (sigh.....) I noticed that there is a new spangdangly feature of the site, in that reported printables can be looked at by members and voted yes or no to be deleted. A great idea and hopefully it will give Victor his life back! Big smile

I do have a question about how it works  though... I saw that some people leave comments, which is important to be able to quote a direct llink from where it is from... but my question is... if a couple of people have already left the link do I HAVE to leave a comment for my vote to count?For example:  I checked the link and if it was indeed that same I voted YES it needs to be deleted. But I did not leave a comment.
Does that vote count?

May be this has been answered before... sorry if it has! (I am off out now, so if I don �t answer straight away my apologies!)

Easter hugs!
Rochelle

9 Apr 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Hi Rochelle,

while I �m not sure (I can �t vote & I don �t know how Victor has set the system up) I would infer from Victor �s comments that, as you can only vote once, the comment is optional. It is likely to be possible that no comment is needed by anyone if the original resource has already been noted by whomever reported the upload.

Essentially, I expect it �s a straight �yes/no � count (easy to program, less likely to have unexpected errors) rather than having the caveat that you must comment for the vote to count.

The comment is likely to be there purely to assist the peer panelists in making their decision when casting their votes: Thumbs Down   Thumbs Up

N.B. This post is entirely speculative!

Bring on the Games... Ave Caesar!

9 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I �ve missed you so much!!!!!!!!! I �m glad you �re back!!!!!!!!!!

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!

9 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi stextsme...

no, I think Salem is the next website to the right...

but on a more serious note, scroll down the following discussion thread until you get to Victor �s comment (you might want to read mine in the same discussion too)

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3809

Cheers! (or should that be �cackle, cackle �)?

9 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

>stexstme,

As I understand it frames and clipart have never officially been allowed as uploads. This is very specific in the guidance for uploading a worksheet.  I think that in the past a lot of people just turned their heads to it.   The problem is there has been so many "clipart" worksheets lately that it is hard to find true esl teaching resources amongst them.

You can offer a link on the forum or start your own clipart site based on the ESL printables format maybe.  It would be great to have one like that, but "clipart and frames" is not the purpose of this site. 

I wonder if Victor ever really imagined ESL Printables would become so HUGE when he first established it.

9 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I don �t think the rules have changed in that regards (at least not in the time I �ve been a member) - it �s more that the rules are being invoked more regularly.

I think that discussion thread I linked says a few things fairly well....

P.S. I thought our member ID was already attached to the comment?

9 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Aaah, "I see!"said the blind man (or alien, in this case) as he wagged his wooden leg!

Hmm, you don �t really want an anonymous �Illuminati � style (or should that be �The Masons �) hanging tribunal, eh... even amongst �the elite�!

Maybe if I can see clearly enough I might upload a few things & get closer to that mystical �1000 point � mark.... one day!

9 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi everyone just back from getting shopping before all the shops shut for Easter!
I only report as stolen or copied things that have a direct link that can be verified 100% So for me its a case of just clicking the yes button instead of adding the link AGAIN if someone else has done it. Cool. I do think that after a settling in period this will be a good thing and hopefully the blatant copying will decrease. Also it just might make people think twice about sending in something copied from another member (Vanda �s printables being popular!!!) or from a website if they know that many people may take a look at the reported copies and not just Victor after a long and hard day at work!
I certainly hope it does not become a witch hunt, and for me I certainly won �t be going back through old printables!
....anyway I need to prepare for tonight �s class!
Take care everyone and hope to catch up with you all over the next few days! Big smile

9 Apr 2009