Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I feel tired helping remove copied contributions    

I feel tired helping remove copied contributions

anatavner
Israel

I feel tired helping remove copied contributions

Hello!

I thought I was lucky because I am a user with more than 1000 points and can help  to remove copied contributions and non-ESL resources. But...
I know that we somehow have to try and help Victor keep this site and the workpages posted, but I got tired today just from clicking and checking and recommending contributions which are not ESL material.
I understand that we have to be sherifs and when there is a copied WS we should report it and it hould be removed imediately, but why oh why do I have to vote for nON_ESL material such as images, clipart pages, empty pages, non-English pages (Arabic or other). Isn �t that OBVIOUS that these pages ARE NOT ESL material ?
Who needs our approval or our vote??? If I see it so does others .
As someone else said on the site earlier - it �s not that we sit 24/7 and do nothing else - we have work to do - teach, prepare lesons, check tests and other things connected to school work, so why waste our time when it is obvious that the ages are NOT ESL material?
I do see the point when someone claims that the pages was stoten/copied.
Please help us here.
Anat

9 Apr 2009      

_babz
Canada

I wouldn �t worry about it...

this site obviously has plenty of users with more than 1000 users....so eventually, the job will get done...

it �s like having 10000 teachers planning for a test, the test will eventually be flawless...

10 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

my dear anatavner,

Imagine that if you are tired of doing that job, Victor was even more than tired. It �s a very hard work for another teacher who works, prepares his classes, has a family and even his own life. But he is generous enough to share with us this site where we can upload and mainly download thousand of worksheets.

I think that he has designed a kind of authomatic system and if we vote that ws , it is automaticaly deleted and a message is sent to the member. That �s what I think, maybe I �m mistaken. Victor can confirm or deny it!!! And he is only asking us to take a few minutes to vote!!

But, as tbalis has said, you don �t need to vote, if you don �t want to. Besides, I remember that some time ago, people asked Victor to do this job, and now it has become true!!!!

11 Apr 2009