Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reviewing our own contributions    

Reviewing our own contributions

Anna P
Brazil

Reviewing our own contributions

After hours reviewing reported contributions I decided to review my own uploads using the same approach. I had some badges that I thought were good teaching aides but that I might report as "non-esl material" - so I deleted them.  I have some bookmarks but I have included a page with exercises to make them more appropriate and I will make a list of games to include in all my flashcards.  I think that if we could take some time to do the same it would be really helpful.
Just an idea.

12 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with you Ana. I think I �ll do the same tomorrow or whe I have the time. I �m amazed to see the number of worksheets that have been reported. But i welcome everything if it helps to mantain the weath being of this site.

the system of voting the worksheets has been a great idea, Victor!!! I hope it goes on functioning OK.

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Remember also that you may make your own uploads more relevant (& therefore ESL resources) by adding further detailed information.

There is a good discussion about this in the following discussion thread:

Re: what is your definition of an ESL Resource.

So don �t be too hasty about deleting your own uploads - maybe just rethink how you use the upload description so that your work can properly be defined as an �ESL resource � . You can change something from being potentially useful to really useful!

It �s no surprise to me that there would be A LOT of reported worksheets - & I �m sure members will also be reporting older worksheets too (which I feel is quite appropriate)

12 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I 100% agree with you, Alien boy. I was also thinking of doing it. the link you provided for the thread doesn �t work. can you check it???

12 Apr 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello all,
I became a premium member 5 months, but I still remember one "ws" from recent contributions of that day. It said "Borders for new members"  and it sent  a message to all new members that such wss are allowed. After that number of borders/frames, bookmarks, colouring pages was constantly growing and it led to those huge arguments and debates about what  an ESL resource is, hard working members refused to share their work and so on. I think you all remember that.
So I do agree that it is necesssary to review older contributions as some of them set a bad example of what is allowed on the site and confuse new members.

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Damielle & everyone else!

The link seems to be ok when I use it... but to be on the safe side, here it is again!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3809

Cheers,
AB

12 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I �m amazed by the number of reported contributions and by some cases in particular, when a member keeps uploading the same ws many times to get more and more downloads on it.  In my opinios that �s an unfair way to get points and to fool other members and the system as well. If you �re not paying attention to details you may download it again.

It �s also amazing that some members possibly created other profiles in order to upload their previously uploaded ws again, and probably they download them using the free downloads of their second or third profile to make all of their profiles reach the 30th point.

Some of us (including me, maybe) criticized members who reported lots of copies and stolen material implying that they should take care of their own ws and let the others do what they want and perhaps God or other Supreme Force would make justice overpower. But now I come here to apologize because they saw what we couldn �t, because we were aware only of our own contributions and points.

Now I see that they are doing very well and their work is helping us catch the unfair members in the act of stealing, copying from the net, scanning from grammar books, cloning profiles and uploading the same material several times in order to get some points unfairly, and downloading excellent material that we spent hours preparing - maybe days or weeks.

The idea of becoming a kind of �judge � didn �t seem to be worthy for me in the past by now I realize that even if it �s not a comfortable position - I don �t feel OK judging other people �s behavior - it �s necessary in order to keep only the good here.

Wishing you a "Happy Easter", I �m returning to my tasks now.

12 Apr 2009