Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > VICTOR YOU ARE A GENIOUS :-))))    

VICTOR YOU ARE A GENIOUS :-))))

blizzard1
Denmark

VICTOR YOU ARE A GENIOUS :-))))

Several of the positive features of the new way of reporting wss and ppts are:

1. The system gets uncluttered by getting rid of non ESL, scanned and S�.. resources and empty or corrupted files.

2. People don�t get nasty messages when reporting wss or ppts.

3. Members become aware of wonderful wss because the S�� ones are reported, thus the original, but maybe long forgotten material, can be downloaded.

4. Swindlers may think twice before uploading irrelevant, useless, S�.. or copied resources.

5. We are freed from reading on the forum about copied and S�. things. (This has annoyed me for a long time because it gives quite a negative atmosphere on the forum).

6. Maybe the most important feature of all is that we rid Victor from so much tedious and disheartening work.

My list can just go on but I don�t want to tire you.

This is my humble opinion. It is not S�. from any other place and I hope it is considered a valuable esl resource. (Sorry:-((((. Very black humor).

Cheers

PS  Any drawbacks?

12 Apr 2009      

wunia
Poland

I have just found a drawback - one of my worksheets has just been removed because it was considered to be scanned from other source :/

The message said - �do not reply to this message as it is automatic � so I have nowhere to go with my complaints :( What is funny, the worksheet was just part 2 of an Easter film watching activity (due to size limitations I had to split it in 2 parts) and part 1 was not removed, only part 2 was considered to be against the regulations of this site. Which I consider a bit weird, because they are consistent in style/fonts and so on - why have you found one faulty and the other ok?

I understand that my files may look like scanned, but what I do is that I save the finished document as PDF file and then copy and paste the image into .doc files. I don �t know any other method of saving it into a neat document without moving images, fonts and so on. I wish anyone had asked me before removing my document. I suppose now I have to remove part 1 of the worksheet as well cos it looks a bit messy like it is now.

I logged on to eslprintables because I �m using the Easter holidays to create some more game cards and worksheets for after the school break and I wanted to share it with you. But - to be honest - I feel a little dissapointed at the moment. I know I �m new here, so maybe my opinion is not as valuable as that of the more merited members, but that �s the idea of sharing I liked so much about eslprintables and now it seems to be going into some sort of wrong direction...

Wishing you Happy Easter anyhow :)

12 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you wish to appeal a decision I would recommend emailing Victor directly. 

12 Apr 2009