Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > To Spanish and Argentinian teachers    

To Spanish and Argentinian teachers

Neda
Argentina

To Spanish and Argentinian teachers

My head teacher asked me to make a booklet for kindergarden ( we don �t use a book) and also an annual planification.
Can anyone tell me what are the main themes in kindergarden??Have you got an annual planification which can guide me?
Thanks a lot.
Neda

13 Apr 2009      

mlsenatore
Argentina

Neda:

I�ve been working in 1st grades, and some students had English in Kinder, so here are things they know from the previous year. Those things are:

* Numbers (1 to 10 ...or 12)

* Colours

* Some animals (pets, mostly and some wild "famous" ones, like: lion, monkey,giraffe,etc.). You can make a proyect on farm animal and add those ones.     

* Adjectives/Opposites (big-small)

*  Spatial notions: up-down

* Family members (father-mother-baby, and maybe brother-sister)   

I started a bilingual school when I was four, and as far as I can remember, they taugth us polite ways of asking to go to the toilet, the use of thank you and you�re welcome, etc. You can even make a poster with everyone name�s in it and place a star under each name every time they speack in English!
         I hope this may help you! An remember you can get ideas from ESL kinder books, about topics. Good luck!

Lorena

13 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Hi, Neda, If you go to a search site, like Google, and type "Kindergarten Curriculum" you will find valuable information.

Smile

13 Apr 2009     

poleta
Spain

In my school these are the main themes:
Body-Family and House-Colours and numbers-Weather and Clothes-animals-food-Toys-Festivals (Christmas,Halloween and Easter).
Perhaps it helps you.

13 Apr 2009     

Neda
Argentina

Thanks a lot!!

13 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Well, i �m teaching 4 and 5year-old kids, so,

4_ the program include, expressions like "Hello, how are you? - I �m Fine and you?", Can i....? -Thank you.... good bye.... (some of them also try "Have a nice day!) . Of course colors, numbers, too. Parts of the body, clothes, the romm, bed, chair, table and expresions like "My bed", Animals too.

And many others, i �m using a nice boo "My first English Adventure 2", there are some other. But i �m using this for my 4 years old students.

With 5 i �m using Happy House 1. It �s good, you can see it and use it as a guide.

Good Luck!

17 Apr 2009