Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > STOP REPORTING FLASHCARDS!    

STOP REPORTING FLASHCARDS!

_babz
Canada

STOP REPORTING FLASHCARDS!

What the heck is going on!

I feel like this has become a Salem witch-hunt! People are reporting anything and everything.

Unless if you are 99.9% it �s stolen, than don �t report it!

Now what I find disturbing is that some users are reporting flashcards. They �re not even copied. They state: Not an esl worksheet!

Have we gone mad? When we choose the type of worksheets we´ve uploaded, one of the options is  FLASH-CARD!

Type:

So obviously it is allowed. Secondly, I don �t know if any of these users have ever been in a classroom, but flashcards can be very useful! I imagine that these users simply handout worksheets and then wait for lunch? Those are some really great teaching methods!

Now, I teach highschool, so I don �t have a big use for flashcards anymore, but I remember driving miles and miles, just to buy flashcards from the Dollar stores!!!

So............stop this madness! Thumbs Down Tripple check before reporting!

13 Apr 2009      

Marilove
Mexico

Totally agree with you!!  All teachers use flashcards a lot!.  So please,  let �s check carefully before we send a report.

13 Apr 2009     

Hazza
Australia

How is everyone finding out which worksheets are being voted out. I can �t see a link to the ones that have been VOTED OUT. And I agree with you . Please leave flashcards in.

13 Apr 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

THIS SITE IS WONDERFUL BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING TO ANNOYING, DON �T THEY HAVE A LIFE? THE ONLY THING THEY DO IS TO REPORT WS EITHER AS STOLEN OR AS SOMETHING ELSE? WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM???DON �T BRING YOUR ANGER INTO THIS GREAT PLACE. THERE ARE SOME OF US WHO LIKE IT QUIET, WITHOUT THE FIGHTS OVER WS.

13 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Ariangie, Most of us do �like it quiet and without fights�. That�s why Victor�s new system is so effective as it is trying to remove stolen contributions from the forum. I am astounded with the number of non-esl materials and copied worksheets that must be removed from the site but I agree with Tbabalis when she mentions that sets of FLASHCARDS are very useful.

13 Apr 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I �d like to have a definition of a flashcard. And I think every person must see this definition before uploading it so that not to get stressed when the moderator deletes your flashcard which you thought to be useful, attractive and great!

13 Apr 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Where is the �Flashcards � category? I can �t see it.
Gabitza

13 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

He means when you upload your work. You have the choice of it being a "flashcard", "worksheet", "reading", "lesson plan", etc... 

13 Apr 2009     

adristrey
Brazil

I totally agree.
People, flashcards are VERY USEFUL in classrooms.
Another point... it�s just my opinio: of course Victor needs help, but some "moderators" are disturbing things here.
They are getting too anoying, and what we see everyday in the forum is people complaining about that, about the way printables are just being deleted.

My opinion for the moderators: help new members, and not only report ws...

Be friendly and nice.

Have a good day

13 Apr 2009     

vanda51
Portugal

Flashcard definition:  a card bearing words, numbers, or pictures that is briefly displayed (as by a teacher to a class) usually as a learning aid .

Unfortunately there isn�t  FlashCard category but we can choose the type here:

Type:

that means Flashcards are allowed on this site (at least for now)..

Regards
Vanda

13 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

I have to say I was totally shocked!
So many of you dear friends downloaded frames I once uploaded and even asked for more - and so I did.
It was long time ago before all this witch-hunt started.- and it was more than welcome by so many members (according to the points)
Now when I see my account - my points are lessened by the day. I think it is a bit childish and unfriendly to dig in the past and hunt people.
I must say I feel terrible. Stop it. Let us concentrare in the present and the future.
Orit

13 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >