Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > BOOK īS DAY    

BOOK īS DAY

ariangie
Costa Rica

BOOK īS DAY

I NEED IDEAS FOR THE BOOK īS DAY CELEBRATION!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!Clap

16 Apr 2009      

Mariana_Collares
Brazil

I īve got some suggestions for you:

1. You can give them the title of a book and let them try to guess the story.
2. You can do the opposite and show them the story and ask them to come up with a creative title.
3. You can select a small piece of the story and ask them to creat a small play acting as the characters.
4. You can work with comic strips and ask student to complete some conversation ballons.
5. You can take them to the computer to search for a book that they think they would enjoy, read the synopsis and tell each other what the book is about and why they have chosen it. (amazon website is good for this)
6. Ask them to choose a book that they love and present it to the class.

Hope the ideas are useful! Smile

Have a nice day.

16 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Hello! Wat age are your Ss? I work on a specific story, a unit on story telling is great and children love it. Last year I worked with the Gingerbread Man. If you need stuff just let me know on a private msg and I īll give u more ideas. Good luck! :)

16 Apr 2009