Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > ORAL ACTIVITY TO CHILDREN LEARN THE NEW VOCABULARY    

ORAL ACTIVITY TO CHILDREN LEARN THE NEW VOCABULARY

Noelica
Spain

ORAL ACTIVITY TO CHILDREN LEARN THE NEW VOCABULARY

Hi!

I need your help...!

What oral activity can I do afther this one in order to children learn the new vocabulary?

NARRATIVE PRESENTATION

With the help of a big poster of a zoo, the teacher makes a description about each animal in order to present the new vocabulary: animal body parts (a tail, a mane, a pouch, stripes, wings...).

Thank you!

16 Apr 2009      

chigoli
Spain

How about a game? A child chooses an animal, describes it and his classmates try to guess  which animal is he talking about. I hope you like it.

16 Apr 2009     

Noelica
Spain

Thank you for your help!

But I�m looking for an oral activity to practice only the vocabulary because they haven�t learnt to make descriptions yet. For example an activity using flashcards or something like that.

16 Apr 2009     

macanolo
Spain

What about a matching game you just make little flashcard with the parts and then you show the animals try to mach the animals with mane, tail and so on!

16 Apr 2009     

mjpa
Spain

In these cases, if my students are very young, i would play bingo or i would play hangman. They enjoy any of these two games very much and they are very helpful just to learn the new words.

18 Apr 2009