Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spring cleaning!!    

Spring cleaning!!

jamiejules
France

Spring cleaning!!

Well... rather than moan at everyone else �s ws I thought I �d have a quick look at mine!! I have been a member on this site since the end of January 2009, and some of my ws got 1 or 2 points so I decided to delete them.
they were not popular and I have since learnt how to create nicer more thorough ws so bye bye unloved ws...LOL
Why can �t we all do a bit of Spring cleaning?
I am also going through all my files and folders at home as well and throwing quite a lot of lesson plans, ws.... It hurts at first but once the clutter is gone it feels quite good.

18 Apr 2009      

freddie
Canada

Great idea Jamie! I did the same thing a few months back when the space problem was first brought up, let �s hope your model of thoughtful behavior is taken up by many!Clap

18 Apr 2009     

Popina
Uruguay

I join the club, because each year I do the same I recicle my folders, I add new material and kiss old one goodbye. The same for my ws. I delete the ones that are not being downloaded.
GREAT EXAMPLE TO SET!!!!

18 Apr 2009     

temainzer
Brazil

Excellent idea! I did the same with some worksheets of mine. If everyone did the same, it would help Victor and the members who now are responsible for the "cleaning".

18 Apr 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I did the same a few weeks ago, I deleted the early printables which I didn �t like; some of them were up to 15 points but I could afford deleting them, lucky me! I must say that none of them were cliparts, border frames or single flashcards, they were just plain and "boring".

Have a great weekend! Mine is over and so is the Passover holiday. Back to school tomorrow!
All the best,
Aimee

18 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

We had a brain match! I suggested the same thing a while ago 
It would be great if we could all double check our contributions.  I am surprised at the great number of printables with ZERO downloads that are taking valuable space in the site. One member had more than 30 blank uploads!
Have a great weekend.
Anna

18 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

I really hope everyone reads this and is inspired!!

For more inspiration take a look at the food vocabulary section. There are 433 pages of contributions and from page 390 - page 433 all the contributions have zero downloads! That �s 430 undownloaded contributions that could make room for other worksheets! And that �s just one category. It is a lot of work to clean out these old worksheets and it would be great if people would take responsibility for it themselves! We could also take our old worksheets and improve them and re-upload them for people to use! Wink

18 Apr 2009     

fleur
Malta

I am following your suggestion

18 Apr 2009     

agkk
Turkey

I was also thinking of deleting my poor worksheets some time ago (when the spring cleaning started) but then I didn �t have time to do it at that time. But now after I read your ideas I immediately deleted some of them. And I feel happy to have some contributions for the space :))

18 Apr 2009