Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > The mistakes game    

The mistakes game

yogiba61
Spain

The mistakes game

Dear partners,

I �m very sorry I forgot the rules!!!. I hope this helps you. However, I always tell my students before we start the game to work out their own rules. The same board can be used with different grammar points you need to revise. As I couldn �t upload Confused the rules for The Mistakes Game: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=215587#thetop  , here you have the rules:

1. All put your counters on start.

2. Decide who is going to begin and in which order you are going to play.

3. If you are the first player, roll your die and move forward the number of squares indicated.

4. If you land on a sentence, say if it is correct or not. If you think there is a mistake in the sentence, correct it immediately.

5. Your group must then decide if you are right or not. (Ask your teacher only if you are completely unable to arrive at a decision.) If your group agrees with you, move an extra three squares forward. If they disagree, move back three squares. (Your turn is now finished)

6. If you land on a FREE SENTENCE, you have to say your own sentence in affirmative, negative or interrogative. It depends in what you have between brackets: ( ? ) ( + ) ( - ) (PS) (PC).  If your group thinks your free sentence is correct, move six squares forward. If they think it is incorrect, move back six squares.

7. If you land on a square where another person �s counter is already standing, move on one square.

8. At your next turn, move the counter the number of squares shown on the die. For example, if you are on square 16 and the die shows five dots, move your counter to square 21.

9. Each player proceeds the same way, starting always at square 1 (START).

10. To finish, you must land directly on square 66. If you are on square 64 and throw a six, count two forward and four back to land on square 62 (and hope you throw a four on your next turn).

Good night!!!!

18 Apr 2009