Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Curious    

Curious

eng789
Israel

Curious

I find it very interesting that stickers are considered more important/ useful in this site than boardening the knowledge of our pupils by teaching them a bit about other people.  I �m talking about a short explanation of a Religious Jewish Holiday which was deleted.   Don �t get me wrong -  it has nothing to do with points because it didn �t have any. 

If the rule is that, if no one downloaded it over 1 month it gets deleted,  then over 2 months if is is only deleted twice does it also get deleted and so on.  Just curious.

I am back at work today  - hope everyone has a terrific week.

Barbara

19 Apr 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear Barbara!

The fact that people chose to download stickers instead of the explanation of a Religious Jewish Holiday -  which took you to the conclusion that they considered them more important than boardening the students � knowlege -  has nothing to do with "this site", but we the people themselves who chose not to download it.

If the worksheet did not have any points, if no one downloaded it while it was on the day �s contribution plus 29 or 30 days after it, why not remove it according to the rule? As Victor clarified, this is not a new rule. The point is he never applied it before and decided to do so now. Besides, the same will happen with the stickers as well as with all other worksheets. If the stickers have no downloads, after a month they will be removed, independently of what we think, or not.

The Portuguese will also be back to school tomorrow morning!
Wish you  a Happy day!

Hugs,
mena

19 Apr 2009