Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A Brain Teaser!!!    

A Brain Teaser!!!

Nebal
Lebanon

A Brain Teaser!!!

Hi everybody,
First and foremost, I want to  wish Silke a belated happy birthday. Silke, how do you expect me to remember your birthday, when you never look any older? I hope your birthday was all that you hoped for.

Now, Here is a brain teaser. Let �s see who �ll be the great thinker and guess the correct answer.

Harry went out to dinner with his friends Larry, Barry, and Gary. Harry sat across from Gary. At Gary �s right, opposite Barry, sat Larry. When the waiter came for their orders, Larry and Barry ordered steak. Gary chose fish, and Harry (who likes to be difficult) ordered like this: "Unless the man at the left of the man opposite the man who ordered fish is not having what the man across from the man at the right of the man at my left is having, then I �ll have what the man across from the man at the right of the man opposite me ordered. Otherwise, bring me the fettucine alfredo."

Assuming "right" and "left" is from the viewpoint of the diners, what did Harry order?

Good luck,
Nebal

19 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Hi Neby!!!! Look at my "good morning" comment. Pay special attention to the picture. At this moment I �m in such conditions. So, pleeeeaaaase, don �t ask me to tease my brain!!!!! I �ll have a cup of coffee and came back!!!

19 Apr 2009     

temainzer
Brazil

After a lot of "math" I think Harry ordered steak . . . is it correct?

19 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �m afraid my brain is TEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  tired today dear nebal... Besides, I �ve never been good at maths....lololol

19 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

in a "quick" analysis I say it was fettucine alfredo

19 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Ni, Nebal,
as usually, you are not paying any attention to the clock!!!!!!!!
Do you know what time is it?
Harry has already had dinner some hours ago, and for breakfast he usually has but a simple juice. Come, wake up.LOL

Then you tell me the answer, in private.Thumbs Up

I am still missing yesterday �s correct answer,

19 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hey Olinda , u have a sharp mind.
Your answer yesterday was correct. It �s the eyes.
Come on, don �t give excuses like someone isn �t good at math, and the other isn �t still ready to tease her mind. And teahers blame their sts. when giving excuses. That �s unfair!!!!Wink

19 Apr 2009     

missola
Palestine

Dear Nebal, I think he ordered steak

19 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Come on, read carefully what Harry said!!!!!Smile

19 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

You know what?
harry is but a nasty man.
 If I were the waiter I would demand him to go to the kitchen and help himself. May be he found something else looking and smelling better.Clap

19 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Olinda, Olinda, Olindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Come on,  It seems you �re bothered by this called Harry.
Please Harry, would u make yourself clearer to the waitress, Olinda. She can �t get ur order. It´s hard !!!!!!!
You �re right Dami, the bright sunshine I sent to Olinda is not working!!!!!!

Lollllllllllllll.WinkLOL

19 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >