Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Reported stolen worksheets are still being downloaded    

Reported stolen worksheets are still being downloaded

pmca
Portugal

Reported stolen worksheets are still being downloaded

I know this is old news... Every day we have to deal with stolen work but I feel the need to get this frustration off my mind!

I �ve reported this morning that two of today �s contributions were directly copied from unit 109 pages 218 and 219 of ENGLISH GRAMMAR IN USE by Raymond Murphy, Cambridge University Press.

In the first printable ( http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=216007#thetop ) the original (the book �s) words "sea", "holiday" and "40 cigarettes" were replaced by "beach", "vacation" and "20 cigarettes" - the only �original � contributions by this member.

The second printable ( http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=216038#thetop ) is a 100 per cent copy of page 219 of the book mentioned above.

I am amazed that after posting my comment about both printables being stolen, the  number of downloads have already reached 95 and 55, respectively. When I reported it, the 1st one had been downloaded 40-something times.

Please read the comments before downloading!

Paula

19 Apr 2009      

Carcade
Russian Federation

Hi!

I �m not sure that you are right. Teachers always use books, study guides and etc. at their lessons. They may be make some changes in the tasks. valpivys have changed some words in the task. She have typed this as microsoft word documents. She have made some efforts for these ws. She haven �t scanned this from the book, she have just share with us.
Read following rules please: "If you send a copy taken from another website or scanned from a book, you will lose your account." by Victor.
Sorry, but it �s my opinion.

19 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

Anna,

I �m sorry but I absolutely disagree with you.

Are you actually saying that typing this grammar unit from a very well-known book and putting this in a microsoft word format is equal to creating your very own original worksheet????

As far as the changing of words is concerned, it is a very ill-disguised attempt to pass something off as their own work. The only effort done here was typing the worksheet!!

Anna, you do need to read Victor �s rules more closely:

You cannot send printables taken from other websites or publications. They must be your own creations.

If your contribution is a copy from other website or from a book your account in ESLprintables will be cancelled.

When valpivys uploaded these worksheets she even had the nerve to write:

"I hope you like and if it is good... give me your comment, please. It�s really important for me to know what do you thing about my work. Thanks, Valeria"

I �m sorry, but I still think I am right about this being stolen. And the latest download count totals, at this moment, 104. It is really a shame!

Paula

19 Apr 2009     

Carcade
Russian Federation

Funny, I looked through your ws and find that you use a lot of articles from different links..........

19 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

Really, Anna?!

Do tell - what are you accusing me of?

Don �t mix things up! Angry 

One thing is using articles and acknowledging sources and creating activities based on published texts.  Another thing is copying literally things, providing no source and presenting it as your own work!!!

But I would really like to know of what you are accusing me of!

19 Apr 2009     

_babz
Canada

it �s okay if she uses articles from different links...as long as she does something with them

for example....if she finds an article from CNN or BBC and then she forms reading comprehension questions, than that is okay!

True, technically, she is using an article from a site....but if we go to that extreme, than we cannot use clipart at all! None! Cause all clipart (unless if you created the image yourself) is stolen..

i think what pmca is trying to say that it �s really bad for a person to open a grammar book and type the same exercises....without adding anything different....

and ...I �d have to agree with her...it �s okay to use as a reference..but not to copy ..word-by-word..

19 Apr 2009     

agkk
Turkey

I didn �t download the worksheet after I read Paula �s comment. (I have got that book in my computer) The rules of this site are very clear and I dont want to repeat them as Paula mentioned above.
However, typing is not a great work. Besides there �s OCR format of scanning which converts a page directly to a word format. That takes only one minute or less.

On the other hand, if the author adds something it is acceptible.

I understand what Paula means. If people begin to type or scan in OCR format, can you imagine what will happen?

And for the increasing points: I think people both download and report it to be removed.

Ayşe

19 Apr 2009