Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Now it is my turn    

Now it is my turn

andreaewa
Uruguay

Now it is my turn

I �m really sad Cry. Some days ago I wrote here.... "To be removed, To be removed, To be removed... Please!! what happened? Someone reported lots of useful ESL resources, Flashcards to be more precise, as not useful and "to be removed...Please, try to use the space for reported contributions more wisely, it �s there to help the site be "cleaner" and in order without "doubled" or empty worksheets"
and do you know something? Today a set of my alahabet flashcards were reported as "non-esl resource".Unhappy

19 Apr 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Why don �t you follow morav �s suggestion here?

The topic of uploading pictures on this site have thoroughly discussed on the forum and Victor has confirmed that is against the rules. I think that flashcards are very useful but I see that the problem is that many people copy and paste pictures without creating any activity. It takes them a few minutes to do it against the hours that take some members to create those useful worksheets that all of  us are waiting for. I consider that there are several options: using the pictures (if they are  free, of course)  to prepare an activity, Include the set of flashcards as a part of another activity or, if the only aim is sharing, posting the link here or bookmarking the page, just to mention a few examples.

I have seen that several  of people have been modifying their worksheets, why don �t you do the same??? Why don �t you add a class plan to use your pictures, for example?

19 Apr 2009     

arwencilla
Spain

In my humble opinion I think that lately, people in the  forum is dedicated to accuse others. We must remember that this site was created to help each other and we all use resources from everywhere (pictures scanned from books, popular songs, articles in the net...).

I don �t know if you only took the images and put the capital letter, but it is a time spent to make the flashcards and it should be noted by all of us.

kisses

Arwencilla

19 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

I don �t care if "my" flashcards are deleted. I did �t draw the pictures, of course. I have just deleted them all in case somebody thinks I �m worried about my points. The problem is that I love flashcards and I feel that they are disappearing from the site. Sometimes we don �t want words on the flashcards because we want our students to remember the vocabulary. And I also know that we can look for pictures on the net and create our own but that takes time and sometimes we prefer to download a whole set from this site. The site is here for a reason. To share and help each other but know we are "limited". I don �t know, just thinking aloud...Unhappy

19 Apr 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry arwencilla, but I can �t see your point quite clearly. I really don �t know whether you are refering to me, Silke, Andrea or nobody  in special but just in case, and in order to avoid amisunderstanding, I would like to say that  I �m not accusing andrea of anything. I �m just making a comment on what is happening and giving her a piece of advice. Wink

19 Apr 2009     

rpellicano
Brazil

ESLprintables is going through a critical period.  It is a time for shedding ineffective worksheets that were taking too much space.  It might be painful for some members but the result will be a healthier and improved site.  I just have a few points but I witness my mother�s dedication in helping this site.  She is a moderator and spends hours carefully analyzing each contribution to make sure they are really copies.  I think all moderators deserve our gratitude and understanding - not criticism.  We can help them by revising and, if necessary, improving our uploads.

19 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

ineffective worksheets??? that �s too much. Good night.

19 Apr 2009     

rpellicano
Brazil

Lots of blank sheets, colouring pages, or copies from the net are, in my opinion, useless contributions. I think that SETS of flashcards are very useful but sometimes I see just one clipart with a word written underneath and those I do not consider useful.  I did not see yours so my comment is general.
Well, I never take part in the forum and this reinforces my position.

20 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Just in case some of the newcomers haven �t noticed, this site has clear rules and, all the troubles that are going on have only one purpose. Spring cleaning.
That is what Victor is trying to do and, now, I have a slight idea how hard that is. Thanks, Dami, for having explained that so clearly

20 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

Do you consider "spring cleaning" deleting flashcards?? I don�t think so olinda. Because, that �s what I was talking about. They reported a SET of 20 flashcards containing letters, pictures and explanations on how to use them

What would Vickiii say?
Do you remember our Flashcards Fanclub??
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=59

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=59

I miss those times

20 Apr 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

I really love flashcards... I always work with them in the classroom with my little students... I really apreciate them...
Some people is�dedicated to accuse others,�People with plenty of time to accuse... poor them...�Thumbs Down

20 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >