Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Amazing sites at the reporting page    

Amazing sites at the reporting page

zailda
Brazil

Amazing sites at the reporting page

The reporting page is not a good thing here but I feel it �s necessary to keep the site clean. But I have a new-found hobby: when people report stolen wss they have to provide the site where they primarily came from and I visit the sites in order to be sure it �s a copy before voting.

Guys, there are some amazing and useful sites! Sometimes I start digging through them and forget why I had gone there! I think people should share those sites with us through the bookmarks page, so everyone will know them and won �t download copied wss here that they could get free there!

20 Apr 2009      

Rosangella
Brazil

Yes Zailda. I agree with you.

20 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Despite my own recent rejection - I feel the moderators are necessary to reduce the work that Victor has on his plate with his marvelous site. 

<Note I wasn �t rejected by moderators - even worse I was rejected by everyone because no one downloaded my powerpoint>

Most people who take time to moderate the work sheets do so to ensure that the server is not clogged with materials unrelated to ESOL teaching - or that do not meet the rules of this website.

Personally I am amazed at the number of people willing ot give their time to keep this website functioning well and congratulate them for their dedication to community.

I do feel that people should ensure they know the source before deciding something is stolen.  IT is not enough to just �think � that it �looks � stolen.  You need to know where it came from - If you are not sure then you could always ask the question straight to the author - who will I am sure either wuickly remove offending materials having been caught out - or staunchly defend their own hard work. 

I have previously asked an author if their work was their own and ended up on one occasion being sent some wonderful resources direct from the author because of the way I framed the question - they were very flattered that I had though their work worthy of publishing in a book - and sent me other original content.  On another occasion the very same question resulted in an insulting email informing me to stop being a busy body and the offending worksheet was quickly deleted. 

So moderators - I think on the whole you are doing a wonderful job.  Just remember that some people are presenting very original and professional work that may be mistaken for a rip-off, stolen, or scanned.  Ensure you are aware of the source before you report as stolen.

And now this sad kiwi will bid you adieu and silently go look at her offending powerpoint that no one loved as much as me!

20 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Vickiii, don �t take it as a personal rejection. When a ws has a poor result here we have to look at it carefully and try to figure out what are the weaker points that caused such poor result. We are all here to share and learn and if something was not accepted as we thought it would, that �s an excellent occasion to compare it with the work other people uploaded and try to get it better next time.

I �m not that bad preparing powerpoints but I couldn �t figure out how to produce one under 500kb, so I virtually had to mutilate one of mines before uploading it and only 4 members downloaded it.

Now I �m downloading some powerpoints that got several downloads and trying to learn with them. If you didn �t get it right this time, the next will be better if you do learn with your mistakes.

Have you heard about the "indians rain dancing"? Do you know why it always works? Because indians dance until it rains.

20 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Zailda,
You are right! Last night I checked only three printables but spent a lot of time browsing through the great sites they have alledgely come from.  I think it is one of the benefits of this awfully hard work - the other is making room for better quality printables.  Almost worth being misunderstood by the members who think we are out on a witch hunt.

20 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Zalida,

ITs ok - i don �t take to much seriously - My ego is large enough to remain in tact - In fact my ego is soooooo big - that I don �t think my powerpoint needed changing at all - although I have had a kind person suggest to add voice overs into it with my wonderful kiwi twang.... the kids I made it for loved it - and it is only really relevant to people studying New Zealand - rather than english per se....

I do thank you for your kind words. I like your analogy - in those types of situations I think of Thomas Edison who went through 6000 different types of materials to find a long lasting and effective filament for the light bulb.  Can you imagine 5999 failures?????  He must have had a whoping greating ego to be able to continue with research!  A tenacity anyone can admire!

I am now going to go crawl into my den and munch on some yummeee frogs.....burp....erm excuse me - whereever did that come from.

20 Apr 2009