Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ideas for a Unit on House?    

Ideas for a Unit on House?

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Ideas for a Unit on House?

Hellooo! Im stuck! I �d like some introductory activities or any ideas u have for teaching the parts of the house and house objects. Something fun, creative, outstanding??? Thank u all!

20 Apr 2009      

nkappa
Greece

Search worksheets, lesson-plans, flashcards...

Level: Age: Type:

Contents:  
Enter here the contents you are looking for (phrasal verbs, halloween,...)

YOU CAN SEARCH FOR YOURSELF USING THIS...

20 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

I already have, but there are just worksheets, I wanted smth else...

20 Apr 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t know the level you teach but you could do the Lady Who Lived in a Shoe and you could ask your students to come up with creative houses.

You can here for the nursery rhyme:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/paint/rhymes/coloring/Oldladyshoe.shtml

20 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Have you tried with games? Have you tried "Where is Harry the hamster?" (to a picture of a house you add a hamster and then, in each room instructions about where they have to go to find the hamster, like "look in the kitchen", "now, go to the main bedroom", till they find it hidden). Now I am working on that topic, too, and I designed a cluedo to cover the cards in plastic and use it to play cards with them (I uploaded the worksheet today, so you can get it without wasting points). Moreover, you can also play battleships with them with parts of a house. It is easy to design (I�m working on it right now and I will upload it for tomorrow, too). There are many games. If none of them suits you, go to Mary Glasgow Magazines and have a look at what they have (they have pretty good ideas).

Hope that helps you!

20 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, Seema

Have a look at this post

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5972

For kids it was a funny solution and Andreia can give you more details, if you pm her.

20 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Thank u so much, ur ideas are always useful! :)

20 Apr 2009