Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SOME QUOTES ABOUT TEACHING...    

SOME QUOTES ABOUT TEACHING...

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

SOME QUOTES ABOUT TEACHING...

I have just discovered these wise quotes and I �d like to share them with you!

�Teachers teach more by what they are than by what they say.�

�Tell me and I �ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I �ll understand.�

�Teaching is the greatest act of optimism�

�While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.�

�The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer"

�There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing; and then stuff them elegantly�

�One mark of a great educator is the ability to lead students out to new places where even the educator has never been�

�Don �t try to fix the students, fix ourselves first. The good teacher makes the poor student good and the good student superior. When our students fail, we, as teachers, too, have failed.�

22 Apr 2009      

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

thank you, Svetlana! You made me think today! And thanx alsp for all your priceless contributions which I successfully use!Heart

22 Apr 2009     

sueee
Portugal

tHANKS FOR YOUR USEFUL QUOTES.

22 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Great quotes!! Thumbs Up

22 Apr 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Education, in the broadest and truest sense, will make an individual seek to help all people, regardless of race, regardless of colour, regardless of condition. - George Washington Carver

22 Apr 2009     

meuge
Argentina

You are so right!

The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer"

I REALLY LOVE THIS ONE!!!

Thank you! You made me think about my own teaching!

22 Apr 2009